3 Points/Dollar: AGR Mastercard Purchases (ended 12/31/18)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones, I've received all of my points for the Promo. ^_^

I used to have both cards but dropped the Fee  World Card after the first year due to the fact I don't ride Amtrak nearly as much as I did under AGR I.

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my last statement yesterday and I did not receive the bonus 3X the points. I received 4000 points. I used the card extensively in December. Booking eight hotel nights and $600 on a cruise gave me 4000 points alone. I called BOA and they directed me to AGR and nobody helped me. I should have received at least twice the points. What other recourse is there?
So this makes three.  :unsure:  Keep calling BoA (this is not an AGR issue) and have them open a case for this. Keep calling and make sure they don't send you to AGR. Other than that...good luck. 

I got my statement and got the 3x bonus with no problem. I normally only use my card for Amtrak trip purchases but I used my card a good bit for regular non Amtrak purchases the much of December including paying my property taxes with the card.  

SUCCESS!!!!!  :D  

I finally received all Points owed to me. 

It took me almost 2 months, but finally after a zillion phone calls AGR pulled the trigger & gave me the points, even though BoA said I was not eligible!!! 

SUCCESS!!!!!  :D  

I finally received all Points owed to me. 

It took me almost 2 months, but finally after a zillion phone calls AGR pulled the trigger & gave me the points, even though BoA said I was not eligible!!! 
Yay!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Maybe we will be able to get them, after all.  :eek:

EDIT: Wait, so you had to actually get them from AGR? I thought they explained it was a BoA thing...?

Rail Freak said:
Yes, AGR gave them to me.( actually entered the pts. to my account while I was on the phone with them) BoA said I wasn't eligible, End Of Story!
Outstanding!! Glad you finally suceeded.. I have always found AGR easy to work with especially with travel planning, changes in travel plans, paying with $'s or points or vouchers, etc. The only time I ever had a mixup with points was my first ever Amtrak LD trip. I had zero Amtrak experience and booked a 30 day trip around large part of US with Amtrak Vacations, at the time thinking they were a part of Amtrak. Not only did they screw up my itinerary which I never got corrected completely but I only received points for the first half of the trip. AmVac was useless helping and after several calls was told to call BofA and after finally getting a supervisor was informed the points for that trip was awarded and couldn't be changed. Calling Amtrak I found equally as useless. I saw a seperate number for AGR and a long conversation later she needed to talk with supervisor and call me back. Less than an hour later it was fixed.

I am so happy right now!

My dad just texted me:

Bank of America just called to give me an update. They explained you needed to be invited, etc. but as a gesture of good will they would “meet me halfway” and give me 2,000 more points. I pushed back, got him to visit
https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/cardholderholidayoffer, explained that that site is run by a company with legal and financial ties to this card, how it contains terms and conditions that were very clear and presumably reviewed by lawyers, and that while they may have wished they included terms about needing to be invited or wished they had made this page something you only saw after you logged in, they did neither of those things and I would only accept all the points as the fair and appropriate outcome. And he said yes!

So the remaining 6,960 points will post to our account in next billing cycle. I am going into a meeting now and can’t talk but we won!
Interestingly, unlike the experience 1@Rail Freak[/USER] had, we had to go through BoA to get the points, not AGR. It also appears that they didn’t actually retroactively register us for the offer and give us the points that way, but rather just gave in and decided to award us the points manually. This seems to indicate that BoA intended the promo to just be for "eligible" cardholders who were specifically selected for it, and just completely (or intentionally) forgot to say to so. Hmmm.
default_unsure.png

Does anyone have the full terms and conditions that were listed underneath the screenshots that have been posted of the offer "banner"? I went through my statements from November and December purchases and while I did get some bonus points, assuming from the 3x offer, I am still missing just under 15,000 points. Want to have all bases covered and the terms and conditions before calling BofA and/or AGR to settle the issue.

Does anyone have the full terms and conditions that were listed underneath the screenshots that have been posted of the offer "banner"? I went through my statements from November and December purchases and while I did get some bonus points, assuming from the 3x offer, I am still missing just under 15,000 points. Want to have all bases covered and the terms and conditions before calling BofA and/or AGR to settle the issue.
https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/cardholderholidayoffer

From AGR email dated 11/14/2018:

Terms and conditions:
To be eligible for this offer, your account must be open with active charging privileges. Earn 3 points per dollar (consisting of 1 base point and 2 bonus points) for all Net Purchase transactions (purchases less credits, returns and adjustments) with a transaction date of November 5, 2018 through December 31, 2018. We reserve the right to verify eligibility of all transactions. If your account is converted to a different rewards program or to a card without a rewards program during the offer timeframe, the offer is no longer valid. This offer is non-transferrable. All terms of your Program Rules apply.

Back