Canadian freight train derails, explodes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again?

Where do they propose relocating it to?
If you read the article, it explains that the proposal is for seven miles of new track on a bypass around the town. Assuming there are no technical or geographic reasons why this couldn't be done, it is simply a matter of money. Obviously it's not feasible to move tracks away from every town and burg in North America, but I think a lot of people would be sympathetic to the residents of a small town where so many lives were lost.

When I saw this thread revived, I thought it was going to be about the Bird Box controversy: that the show used video of the Lac-Megantic disaster as news video of a fictional disaster. Linky Another link.
Wow. I mean, I can sort of understand how the footage was included in the first place. An oversight, error, whatever. But the fact that Netflix is refusing to remove it is ludicrous. Accidentally profiting off of someone else's tragedy is one thing. Continuing to do so knowingly is abhorrent. Glad I'm not a Netflix customer.

Back