CZ passenger injured near Truckee CA, unknown circumstances

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An additional update from the families GoFund me.. Aaron is now talking and recognizes family members. He doesn't remember anything about the train, which doctors say is normal in this type of traumatic situation.

This guy surviving is a miracle as far as I'm concerned. His family sounds amazing and supportive.

An additional update from the families GoFund me.. Aaron is now talking and recognizes family members. He doesn't remember anything about the train, which doctors say is normal in this type of traumatic situation.

This guy surviving is a miracle as far as I'm concerned. His family sounds amazing and supportive.
Thanks for the update.

I sure hope his memory will eventually come back!!!
I think there is a good possibility the memory will never come back. My wife experienced a shoulder seperation and a concussion in a skiing collision more than 25 years ago and still has no recollection of how it happened.

I sure hope his memory will eventually come back!!!
I think there is a good possibility the memory will never come back. My wife experienced a shoulder seperation and a concussion in a skiing collision more than 25 years ago and still has no recollection of how it happened.
I once had an accident resulting in unconsciousness followed by amnesia. At first I couldn't remember anything from the prior month. Over time I began to recover more and more memories but it took a few months before I could remember the accident itself. I'm not sure how memories work at the physical level, and I'd imagine the prognosis varies greatly depending on severity, but I guess in some cases the brain can find new paths to older storage.

It is very possible that he will never remember exactly what happened. I apparently fell off the back steps when I was in the 4th grade and landed on the asphalt of our driveway shortly before my Dad got home around 5:15 pm when he found me lying there unconscious. My parents took me to the hospital where I was diagnosed with a concussion but no fractures. Since my Dad was a doctor and my Mom a nurse, I was released in there care and they brought me home. I regained consciousness around 11:30 pm that night as my Dad was carrying me up the back stairs.

To this day, I can only remember opening the door to the screened it porch and then awakening in my Dad's arms, and nothing about falling.

I am told that my experience is typical.

It is very possible that he will never remember exactly what happened. I apparently fell off the back steps when I was in the 4th grade and landed on the asphalt of our driveway shortly before my Dad got home around 5:15 pm when he found me lying there unconscious. My parents took me to the hospital where I was diagnosed with a concussion but no fractures. Since my Dad was a doctor and my Mom a nurse, I was released in there care and they brought me home. I regained consciousness around 11:30 pm that night as my Dad was carrying me up the back stairs.

To this day, I can only remember opening the door to the screened it porch and then awakening in my Dad's arms, and nothing about falling.

I am told that my experience is typical.

My dad told me a pretty horrifying (and true) story about a friend in college, who had an enlarged/infected spleen that completely burst upon impact while she was playing football. All she remembers is being pushed by another player and then suddenly waking up in the hospital post-emergency surgery. Pretty creepy.  :unsure:

A stowaway could hide out and then jump unsuspecting passengers (like Aaron, who was beaten).
Or are you suggesting that someone got on board, beat Aaron up, and then jumped off?

He might have pushed Aaron off the train before he joined him and then beat him. THus, no signs of a fight onboard the train and the culprit disappears.

A stowaway could hide out and then jump unsuspecting passengers (like Aaron, who was beaten). He might have pushed Aaron off the train before he joined him and then beat him. THus, no signs of a fight onboard the train and the culprit disappears.
For what purpose and benefit? It's like you're describing someone who is both mentally unstable and yet super alert and careful. Very rare and highly unlikely.

I don't think any of the other passengers were implicated. That only leaves the crew, or someone else aboard that wasn't questioned because they jumped off before they got to the station.

Back