Missouri River Runner Westbound Vid 314

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr2nr

Train Attendant
Just got a chance to catch it in Sedelia She was running about 45 min late havn't seen one of the new engines in person so :)

Axle count is required on the CN (it seems to mainly affect the Illini and Saluki trains) and recently on the River Runners on the UP.  Personally, I believe the CN requirement is a punitive action  simply because the company is run by a bunch of passenger train hating dicks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember back in 1997-1998 when I rode the river runner for the first time there was a sightseeing car with a glass roof kinda like The Great Dome car. But it was only once I seen it. Later in 2010 no sign of it. Was it just my imagination? I'm sure it probably has been retired does anybody know what happened to it? What number it was?

I remember back in 1997-1998 when I rode the river runner for the first time there was a sightseeing car with a glass roof kinda like The Great Dome car. But it was only once I seen it. Later in 2010 no sign of it. Was it just my imagination? I'm sure it probably has been retired does anybody know what happened to it? What number it was?
Do you know that it wasn't the Great Dome?

Do you know that it wasn't the Great Dome?
Could have been but it seemed as though it had a smaller top and it wasn't a double decker. But who knows it was only 20 years ago lol. Would like to know somebody who has a list of all the cars Amtrak has and retired :)

Could have been but it seemed as though it had a smaller top and it wasn't a double decker. But who knows it was only 20 years ago lol. Would like to know somebody who has a list of all the cars Amtrak has and retired :)
I'm looking and though I don't know how long ago they were retired, Amtrak did have at one point 13 single-level dome coaches built by Budd. Does this possibly look like what you were on?

image.png

Thats  It!! was a pain in the but trying to get a seat under the bubble but as soon as we did we loved it.

Back