St. Joseph, MI station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margo

Lead Service Attendant
We (2 seniors) are going to SJM in May. It's our first visit. I was happy to see the station was so close to our hotel(The Boulevard Inn) until I realized it's a fairly long climb up a steep bluff! It's at least 50 steps going up. This would be all right, but not with our luggage. It's a small town, so I'm not sure about taxi service. Has anyone had any experience with this station?

I don't have any first-hand experience, but one suggestion might be to call the hotel and see if they are aware of any options of what you might be able to do.

I do see what you mean, there are quite a lot of stairs right by the station there.

Call the hotel. They might send someone to pick you up if they are aware that you are seniors. Enjoy the town...it's a great place to visit.

Thank you all for your help. The hotel does not have a shuttle, but the ramp doesn't look too bad.

I live here and yes it is steep, even with the ramp. I would first call the hotel and see if they might be able to pick you up and drop you off. They don't have a shuttle service but the manager may be able to arrange something. We do have Uber here but it seems like service is sporadic. If the hotel can't help you, call Aaron's Transport at 402-305-6473. He does some bigger trips like to the airports and such, and locally as well. Not sure if he does trips as small as this but he has a nice clean car and is very reliable. Would be worth a call closer to your arrival date as I'm not sure he'd give up an airport run for a small trip, but you never know!! We hired him for transportation to and back from a wedding a few towns away and he was great!

Back