What are your favorite youtube amtrak movies?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not huge into watching trains in general but I do admit I gravitate to videos of trains on bridges. Otherwise, I tend to view videos that continue unusual occurrences such as rule violations, test trains, equipment moves, occasional equipment substitutions, double consists etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to watch the YouTube videos of trips I can’t or probably won’t take. I.e. like Connellsville to Cumberland. This is shot from the cab of a freight ( some of you will know the technical stuff) and shows great scenery along the way. Would be a great PV or part of a PV or charter trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

Here's mine. A little too scripted but it is a good history lesson of Amtrak accommodations.

This video has been posted here before.

My favorite movie is this one from Agent. I was on the train. I was returning home after a big loop trip which started with the Lakeshore Limited and included my 1st trip on the Canadian.

Here's mine. A little too scripted but it is a good history lesson of Amtrak accommodations.

Oh my god!!!! You’re the first person I’ve ever found (in real life or online) that has also seen that video!!!!!
It has the weirdest/worst acting I think I’ve ever seen - in a good way.
default_biggrin.png

For example: “Hi, I’m Jim!” like 30 seconds after he’s already said hello and introduced himself. It just cracks me up.

I’m literally creating a fake trailer for a ‘Jim Horror Movie’ using footage from the video.

I love that video! "Who are we going to see? Grandpa!", but her evening sleepwear is a bit roque for me.......

Sent from my iPad using Amtrak Forum

And how Jim switches from their Sunset Limited to their Silver Star (multiple days later) to their Metroliner. He was on all three trains. Quite creepy.

Fun Fact: Jim Ponds, who plays Jim, played Apple Jack in the Wes Anderson film Bottle Rocket. And Suzanne Savoy (Suzan) had a supporting role on House of Cards. Who knew?

Yeah, but he probably was given the lines as they went. ‘Jack’ never has a monologue or anything like that. It’s never more than one or two sentences at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Amtrak Forum

It's informative enough for the novice, but I find the way "Jim" keeps popping up throughout the journey to be a bit creepy. That little boy would be in grave danger if this was a horror flick. And Jim would be named Jason. Oooooo....

Back