amtrak.com website down since yesterday (1/25) midday?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricia

Conductor
Wondering if this is a problem with my browser or operating system--or has amtrak.com been down all this time. Since early yesterday afternoon (Thursday 1/25), when I go to amtrak.com I get this message:

We are currently conducting site maintenance.Sorry, our site is temporarily unavailable. We are working to address this issue.

Please try again shortly. Or, for immediate assistance, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).

Thank you for your patience.

Reference #

Thanks for prompt response. I just cleared my cache, and am still getting the "site maintenance" message. No time to sort this out now--will try again later.

My browser is Chrome, BTW.

The version for smartphones (m.amtrak.com) seems to be working alright, but the full website (amtrak.com) isn't. At least not on my laptop.

Now if only I had an up-to-date paper system timetable....
default_sad.png

It may be an internet provider or pipeline issue. I just dropped the connection to my regular ISP and tethered this computer to mobile data on my ATT phone, and the website comes up fine. On my regular service, I get nothing, regardless of browser.

With Chrome, I've seen it get hung up on the "maintenance" page once it encounters it. The way I found to fix it was to

Clear Browsing Data

Basic

Browsing History

Cookies and other site data

Cached images and files

Close the browser and restart it.

Beware that if you do this, much of what the browser had been "remembering" based on your choices, will be gone.

jb

With Chrome, I've seen it get hung up on the "maintenance" page once it encounters it. The way I found to fix it was to

Clear Browsing Data

Basic

Browsing History

Cached images and files

Beware that if you do this, much of what the browser had been "remembering" based on your choices, will be gone.

jb
Just tried this, made no difference. (After clearing the data, I closed browser and restarted computer.) Thanks for the advice, though.

I will point out once more, that regardless of OS or browser, it works fine for me when I connect through AT&T data, and fails when using my regular connection (spectrum cable).

Think pipeline/isp/DNS resolution issue, not necessarily Amtrak itself....

Just tried and found it works on my laptop with Explorer (which I never use, except for this sort of diagnostic), still not working with Chrome. My internet connection is same for both (wireless, via a cellphone signal).

Clear Browsing Data

Basic

Browsing History

Cached images and files

jb
This has been my experience also and I just had to do this again today for Chrome. If you have not done this before you reach this "clear brower data" going to Settings and then "more tools" and then "clear browsing data". Just clearing your cache will not accomplish the needed maintenance to correct this Chrome problem.

Clear Browsing Data

Basic

Browsing History

Cached images and files

jb
Just tried this, made no difference. (After clearing the data, I closed browser and restarted computer.) Thanks for the advice, though.
Working now (hooray! and thanks for the advice) When I did this earlier, I cleared only past 24 hours. Just did this for past 4 weeks and site now works.

I'd STILL rather have an up-to-date printed timetable.

Thanks, all, for help with this.

Back