Cool places to stay around Seattle and lake tahoe

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s10mk

Train Attendant
Hello everyone!

I'm going to travel west again in the spring. And I will be taking the CZ/EB west and back east. I'm not sure which direction ill run the loop yet. But anyway. I would like to spend a day or two around Seattle and a day or two at lake Tahoe.

Can anyone recommend a cool place to stay? I'm not looking for a hotel, but I'm picturing a small cabin on Puget sound, quiet and peaceful. or something cool like a caboose hotel. But I don't know the area and was hoping for a solid recommendation. Same with lake Tahoe. Thank you!

P.s.

Its ok if I have to rent a car and do some driving

Hello everyone!

I'm going to travel west again in the spring. And I will be taking the CZ/EB west and back east. I'm not sure which direction ill run the loop yet. But anyway. I would like to spend a day or two around Seattle and a day or two at lake Tahoe.

Can anyone recommend a cool place to stay? I'm not looking for a hotel, but I'm picturing a small cabin on Puget sound, quiet and peaceful. or something cool like a caboose hotel. But I don't know the area and was hoping for a solid recommendation. Same with lake Tahoe. Thank you!

P.s.

Its ok if I have to rent a car and do some driving
All depends what you like. Me, rent car Seattle, drive to La Push, hang out for a day or two just walking the lonely beaches. Or maybe Neah Bay or near Port Angeles.

Otherwise, so many good places on the San Juan islands, but some tourist-traps too.

Many many many options.

I enjoyed taking the city bus to Tukwila and walking the trail along the Duwamish back to downtown Seattle. History lesson, polluted waterway, obsolete industrial things, gentrification, all that

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how far you're interested in venturing from Seattle, but the Cascade mountains are stunningly beautiful in the spring. Quiet and peaceful, too - it seems to be a bit of a low season between the peak times for winter and summer activities. I spent some time last spring in Leavenworth (on the EB), where Google Maps shows a number of cabins and other interesting-looking lodging options (though I can't speak to the quality of any of them, since I stayed in a standard hotel).

Back