LSL 48 (28)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do yourself a favor, Philly Amtrak Fan.......for the next time you leave your car parked for an extensive period for travel, get one of these....
default_wink.png

http://www.sears.com/diehard-lithium-ion-jump-starter/p-02843448000P?sid=IDx01192011x202447539&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1YKVpbK12AIVw4-zCh0WTgRWEAQYASABEgIjd_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CIXI14CztdgCFZSeyAodD9cFwg
I'm interested. But the link didn't say where it gets its power. A self contained battery? Who cares if it will charge a smart phone or mp3 player?

I have a similar device; but it requires a 120V outlet. Once when I returned to Fort Madison after 4 weeks snowbirding in Florida to a dead battery, I was able to plug it into a socket in the locker room on the BNSF side of the station. Usually, I have to park several blocks down the line, much to far away for even 4 heavy duty extension cords.

If anyone wants to vouch for that self starter I'll think about it next time.

Also related to a city on the LSL route, the Buffalo Bills made the playoffs for the first time since 1999! It took a miracle play in Baltimore to eliminate the Ravens and put the Bills in! Now the longest NFL playoff drought? The Browns:)

Hmm, and your precious Broadway/Three Rivers would not have been affected by delays EVER? Not even cold and snow? Freight derailments? Equipment failures? Somehow I don't think so.
But then I had to spend the extra time going all the way north through upstate NY and all the way down to New Jersey and arriving in Hamilton, NJ close to 3am. You figure if a TR left CHI the same time the LSL left it would arrive into PHL about 2-3 hrs earlier and I get home at 1:30am or 2:30am and not 4:30am and I have my luggage right now. I still have to make a trip up to NYP to get it ... after I dig out of the snow first. I'm sure most of you don't care but I'm just saying. Next time you're out until 4:30am in the morning or you're stuck in the cold in your car without heat in a parking lot in the middle of the night in the middle of winter waiting for AAA come talk to me.
Should have taken the Cardinal
default_wink.png
This.

Hmm, and your precious Broadway/Three Rivers would not have been affected by delays EVER? Not even cold and snow? Freight derailments? Equipment failures? Somehow I don't think so.
But then I had to spend the extra time going all the way north through upstate NY and all the way down to New Jersey and arriving in Hamilton, NJ close to 3am. You figure if a TR left CHI the same time the LSL left it would arrive into PHL about 2-3 hrs earlier and I get home at 1:30am or 2:30am and not 4:30am and I have my luggage right now. I still have to make a trip up to NYP to get it ... after I dig out of the snow first. I'm sure most of you don't care but I'm just saying. Next time you're out until 4:30am in the morning or you're stuck in the cold in your car without heat in a parking lot in the middle of the night in the middle of winter waiting for AAA come talk to me.
Should have taken the Cardinal
default_wink.png
I've never laughed this much while browsing the forums.

According to willem, the LSL was delayed leaving CHI again on New Year's Eve!

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/72078-is-philly-amtrak-fan-cursed/?p=735863

Didn't leave CHI until 2:45am New Year's Day! LSL passengers literally spent midnight in Union Station!

48(30) left at 11:40pm and arrived 12:08am (post midnight New Year's Day!) I'm sure they didn't expect to be stuck on the LSL at midnight!

I'm sure the past four days since my trip have to be related.

The CL though left CHI after 10pm Saturday and Sunday though too.

According to willem, the LSL was delayed leaving CHI again on New Year's Eve!

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/72078-is-philly-amtrak-fan-cursed/?p=735863

Didn't leave CHI until 2:45am New Year's Day! LSL passengers literally spent midnight in Union Station!

48(30) left at 11:40pm and arrived 12:08am (post midnight New Year's Day!) I'm sure they didn't expect to be stuck on the LSL at midnight!

I'm sure the past four days since my trip have to be related.

The CL though left CHI after 10pm Saturday and Sunday though too.
Hmm, you are aware that the weather is having a major affect on all modes of transportation, don't you. This sub-zero, for this many days, is not usual. You just had bad timing with your trip.

The delay might benefit me-

We were originally taking the train from CHI to BOS, but I revised the trip to get off in Cleveland, to check out the Rock and Roll museum, then flight the rest of the way.

The problem was that we are supposed to arrive at 5:30am. Literally nothing is opened that early. The city is like a ghost town until 10am. So, considering that the last trains have been an average of 3 hours late, I suppose thats a benefit for me. And I might get a free breakfast to boot!

Noteworthy that the Cleveland Browns finished 0-16 today! I don't know if a congratulations or another word is in order?
Dont worry about the Browns. Warren Buffet bought into the team. They got money to burn.

(Berkshire Hathaway bought in on Pliot, Flying J truck stops. The cash strap and under FBI investigation company was a debit free family owned business, into they bought the Browns.)

This is a rare photo of Cleveland Amtrak in broad daylight! I believe we got there around noon.
attachicon.gif
20171229_120132_Burst01.jpg
attachicon.gif
20171229_120150_Burst01.jpg

I also added a photo of Cleveland Browns Stadium. The poor team is 0-15 and is one loss from being the second ever 0-16 team in NFL history.

Sent from my LGL63BL using Amtrak Forum mobile app
LOL, poor Browns. Ah well, Cleveland still has a championship contending basketball team (Cavaliers) along with arguably the best NBA player in the world at the moment (LeBron James, an Akron OH native).

Amazingly, the trains have been running pretty smoothly on the open track despite the weather. They're suffering initial terminal delays. And these are due to the aforementioned freezing issues.

So the freezing issues are what needs to be fixed. They *should not be happening*. I mean, I came up with about a dozen designs which could probably avert them, some of which could be retrofitted... has Amtrak simply not been thinking about this due to not making any new equipment orders for a long time?

Back