Cardinal 51(13)?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil S

OBS Chief
Lost 7+ hrs between CIN and COI and disappeared from the Dixieland site. Didn't see anything on TO but maybe I just missed it. Does Amtrak ever bustitute say IND to Galesburg to catch the CZ?

I can't find any info as to why #51 is late but Amtrak Status is showing it into CHI @ 425pm today (10/14), 6 Hours and 25 minutes late.

I haven't ever been bustituted from a late #51, but it's a fairly regular occurrence in Galesburg from #4 and #6 since there are scheduled Thruway buses through Illinois to Indy.

I can't find any info as to why #51 is late but Amtrak Status is showing it into CHI @ 425pm today (10/14), 6 Hours and 25 minutes late.

I haven't ever been bustituted from a late #51, but it's a fairly regular occurrence in Galesburg from #4 and #6 since there are scheduled Thruway buses through Illinois to Indy.
Ah... I didn't realize the eastward buses were scheduled.

It got caught behind a disabled freight train, then the crew timed out and they had to wait for a new one. Info from my SCA on 50 the same night (who had to jump off 51 and onto 50, with the rest of the OBS crew, to come back with us). Thank goodness they get some time off now.

Back