Silver Meteor & Deerfield Beach and Hollywood, Fl stations baggage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRR

OBS Chief
My wife and I just boarded the Meteor at Deerfield Beach this morning headed for Wilmington Delaware.

Based on very helpful information on the AU, we checked our two large bags yesterday and avoided any extra hassle this morning.

We were advised , however, that coming back on Sep7, we would only be able to check our bags to West Palm Beach or Ft. Lauderdale as Amtrak was discontinuing baggage service at Deerfield and Hollywood effective Monday, August 28.

I am advised that there are often around 60 persons getting on at the Deerfield station. Not a helpful development for us or others in the Boca or Deerfield area.

Thanks for the heads up. This adds to my theory that express traffic and client base is instrumental in driving what stations remain staffed and unstaffed.

Interestingly, Ticketing and Special Assistance will continue at Deerfield Beach and Hollywood. The last day for baggage service is August 29. This means southbound service ends for trains originating August 28.

I guess we have a new Dept. of No Advance Notice for service changes. The change was officially posted just six days out. Way to go for customer service!

Back