Amtrak from Hammond to Memphis-Hotel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassie225

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Does anyone know how far the Amtrak station is from Courtyard Marriott Downtown MemphisJefferson street I believe. I know it gets in at 10 is it usually on time or late. Are there cabs,Uber plus we 1ave to rent a car and I know at that time of night there will not be a shuttle from the hotel or rental car place open. Help!! I want to ride the train and hubbie making a good case for driving because of all the glitches. I wanna get on that double decker train. HELP!!!

The Memphis Amtrak station is a little south of downtown, it is a little over a mile to the hotel.

The train is usually within an hour of on time going north. Most of the delays on this route tend to happen after Memphis in Illinois.

There will be taxi's available when you arrive, and Uber is pretty much always available just a question of how long you will wait. I would think there would be uber drivers close by when the train comes in so the wait would be short.

There are both Hertz and Avis within a few blocks of the hotel to pick up a car the next morning.

Thanks much appreciated. So Memphis is a manned station. Came into Slidell one night and was I glad my ride was there waiting for me.It was dark!!!
Memphis is a major station with at least 2 people working there when the trains are do to arrive and it is always staffed during station hours. The train is scheduled to be there from 10:00pm to 10:40pm as it is a major service stop for the City of New Orleans. In my experience on the CONO, the train is more often than not on time or within 30 minutes of the scheduled time at Memphis. There have always been taxis there waiting for the train every time I have been through there on the train.

If you check your bags to Memphis from Hammond, your bags will be available in the station about 15 minutes after you arrive. Hammond is a manned station as well, so there will be an Amtrak agent there to assist you if needed as well. If you are traveling Monday-Friday, the agent on duty will be Harold. On weekends, it is usually Pat.

Thanks so much, I will tell Harold hello. Im gonna get on the train and if my hubbie drives he can pick me up in Memphis. Don't know why he does not like the train. We had first class service to Atlanta,even had the H room , all he did was sleep and complain about how long the trip was.So this is the train with the up stairs, never been on it,can you pick your seat,what's recommended.

Back