Joliet parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bretton88

Conductor
What kind of parking is available at the Joliet station. I am looking at spending a weekend in Chicago but don't want to drive in. Can I leave my car there for a weekend? Do I need an Amtrak ticket to do so?

It's been a while but I have done just what you are planning many times.

There a parking lot intended for commuters south of the the station on the east side of the tracks. I think the cost is $2.00 a day.

BTW there are three ways to get into Chicago from the Joliet station.

#1 Amtrak has 5 trains a day that will take you into Chicago Union station located west of the loop.

#2 METRA (The regional light rail system) has 16 trains a day that will take you to the La Salle St station on the south side of the loop.

#3 The Joliet station is also served by multiple Bus services that can get you to Chicago.

Have a good time in ChiTown!

It's been a while but I have done just what you are planning many times.

There a parking lot intended for commuters south of the the station on the east side of the tracks. I think the cost is $2.00 a day.

BTW there are three ways to get into Chicago from the Joliet station.

#1 Amtrak has 5 trains a day that will take you into Chicago Union station located west of the loop.

#2 METRA (The regional light rail system) has 16 trains a day that will take you to the La Salle St station on the south side of the loop.

#3 The Joliet station is also served by multiple Bus services that can get you to Chicago.

Have a good time in ChiTown!
I'd just note that Metra is the regional rail system, not a light rail system. Also there are two lines that run between Joliet and Chicago - the Heritage Corridor, which runs weekday rush hour only service on the same line as Amtrak and serves Chicago Union Station, and the Rock Island District, which runs 7 days/week on a different line than Amtrak and serves Chicago LaSalle St. Station.

Back