Parking in Cincinnati at the Union Terminal

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakota 400

Engineer
This post is based on one made by "Bill" previously recently as part of another Cincinnati originating proposed journey.

Bill, your directions for parking were quite clear. But, I wonder if it is really as easy as you say.

Will security be available in order to provide your license plate number in Union Terminal in the early morning hours one would be parking a car at that location in order to board The Cardinal?

To whom and when will the parking fee be paid?

I will admit it has been some years since I have visited the Amtrak station in Cincinnati, but the parking situation that I saw then discouraged me from considering driving/parking/railroading from that location. The times that I have done so, I have depended upon the good graces of friends willing to take me and pick me up in the dead of night. I won't ask that of them again. And, I am not willing to pay car service charges from where I live to/from CIN.

Yes it is that easy.When talking to security tell them you will be parked in the Amtrak area for x amount of days and they will give you an envelope to fill out with a little info,put your money in and they have a slot to slip it into.

It has been four years since I rode last but I wouldn't think they would change a good system.

I plan on going this year..just haven't figured out where yet.

Cincinnati is my favorite terminal but be aware that is undergoing a $200 million restoration. So there may be some changes inside the terminal including the location of Amtrak waiting room. I doubt if parking would be affected since it's off to one side. It is a shame that the Cardinal isn't scheduled there at decent times.

Back