Points Penalty for Changing Rooms?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orie

Service Attendant
Hi,

I ran into something new today. I'm trying to change a sleeper accommodation I have next week, just the rooms, and was told there is a 10% fee for changing the reservation, even though it's nothing but a room change. Is that normal? I could've sworn I changed my room on a trip two years ago a few days before without any penalty.

Thanks

Hi,

I ran into something new today. I'm trying to change a sleeper accommodation I have next week, just the rooms, and was told there is a 10% fee for changing the reservation, even though it's nothing but a room change. Is that normal? I could've sworn I changed my room on a trip two years ago a few days before without any penalty.

Thanks
It happened to me before, but the agent was able to work around it after more discussion. It seems it started with AGR 2.0. My agent had to call her service desk to get it to work.

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/66921-agr-20-redemption-and-room-change-incurs-penalty/

Hi,

Thanks
It happened to me before, but the agent was able to work around it after more discussion. It seems it started with AGR 2.0. My agent had to call her service desk to get it to work.

http://discuss.amtraktrains.com/index.php?/topic/66921-agr-20-redemption-and-room-change-incurs-penalty/
Thanks! The first rep I dealt with earlier was pretty steadfast, but I called back and got luckier, the new rep changed my room without a fee. I actually got a credit back because the fare had dropped, something else the first rep didn't mention at all.

Back