Amtrak Autumn Excursion 2016 - 10/29 & 30 - Confirmed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a couple more videos. First one is at Hershey, Pennsylvania by YouTube user NS913.

Man my luck is really bad today.. Went out to take photos of the train at Wynnewood, heard the shutter go off, and no photos... So needless to say I've dropped more F bombs at my camera then I can remember.

Man my luck is really bad today.. Went out to take photos of the train at Wynnewood, heard the shutter go off, and no photos... So needless to say I've dropped more F bombs at my camera then I can remember.
Put the memory card in next time.
That's the worst part.. I did several test photos.. Worked fine.. Take photos of the real deal.. I'm hosed..

Put the memory card in next time.
That's the worst part.. I did several test photos.. Worked fine.. Take photos of the real deal.. I'm hosed..
As Scarlet said....."Tomorrow is another day".... :)

Just got home...I would say that the excursion, as usual, was excellent. If only the entire Company could run as well as this trip, with the same wonderful attitude of all the paid employees and the many volunteers. About the only 'glitch' was they had to spend a few minutes on a couple of occasions resetting the air-conditioning on a car, from the ground....

I asked about next year's, and one employee thought they were trying to set one up from Boston....

I am sitting in the waiting room, was glad to see the signs saying Autumn Express passengers could wait here. Off to a fun (If early) start to my first Amtrak excursion train.

Glad y'all are having a good time. I just got back from an exhausting sequence of trips which meant I've only been home for four days this month so I missed it.

Don't suppose anyone recorded the consist that made up the trains?

BTW: I did notice a large amount of people out taking pictures of the train, but I've not found many of them online. Has anyone found a good collection exterior photos from the trip?

DaveM

Don't suppose anyone recorded the consist that made up the trains?

BTW: I did notice a large amount of people out taking pictures of the train, but I've not found many of them online. Has anyone found a good collection exterior photos from the trip?

DaveM
I don't have the car numbers, but I know the general consist order.

P42 145

P42 42

ACS-64 642

Metroliner Crew Car

Amfleet Merchandise Car

Amfleet Coach 1

Amfleet Coach 2

Amfleet Coach 3

Amfleet Coach 4

Amfleet Cafe 1

Amfleet Coach 5

Amfleet Coach 6

Amfleet Cafe 2

Amfleet Coach 7

Amfleet Coach 8

Amfleet Coach 9

Amfleet Coach 10

There are lots of videos on Youtube but I don't know where any pictures are online. I have a few but I am not sure how to post them.

I was on the trip Sunday and I think it was the most enjoyable of any Amtrak trip I have been on. I especially liked the commentary, and it helped that I got a set of seats to myself. Alot of people gathered in the cafes the entire trip, leaving some empty seats even with a sold out train. I wish they would try doing this in another part of the country sometime, as there are rare mileage routes all over the country. Due to equipment, it would probably be easiest to do out of a major terminal, maybe Chicago or somewhere along the west coast. With the Ski Train coming back to Denver, they could probably also use that equipment for a trip out of Denver. I don't know if there is any extra equipment in some of the smaller terminals such as Miami, Sanford, or New Orleans.

http://www.railpictures.net/ has about 6-10 from photographers who were out on both days. You need to filter by Railroad (Amtrak) and then I select "Show" and choose 180 so I can get the maximum amount of Amtrak in my face at one time. As of now, the first photo is about 10-15 from the top, there are a bunch scattered throughout the most recent 50 or so and there are even a few from the Fall Excursion that left GA or NC area the same weekend (as far as I can tell from the comments on those photos)

And yes, youtube has a ton of videos, just search Amtrak Autumn Express, you'll have plenty to look at there too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good idea on the youtube, I didn't think of that. :)

I went through quite a few videos and was able to find one that had good quality and lighting that allowed me to get the numbers. For anyone who is interested, they were:

P42 - 145 (1971 - 2011), P42 - 42 (Veterans), ACS-64 642(Veterans), Metroliner - 9800 (Crew car), Amclub - 85999 (Merchandise car), Amfleet - 82798 (Coach), Amfleet - 82660 (Coach), Amfleet - 82654 (Coach), Amfleet - 82599 (Coach), Amfleet - 43372 (Cafe), Amfleet - 82787 (Coach), Amfleet - 82701 (Coach), Amfleet - 43383 (Cafe), Amfleet - 82744 (Coach), Amfleet - 82745 (Coach),A mfleet - 82647 (Coach), and Amfleet - 82562 (Coach)

DaveM

The 9800 is the former Conference Car initiative. Additionally, I don't believe the merchandise car is categorized as an Amclub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back