Amtrak Autumn Excursion 2016 - 10/29 & 30 - Confirmed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Sigh* I won't be there. Had to make another trip which conflicts. It's on an Amtrak route I haven't taken before, so that's nice. :)

The Lehigh River will be on the right (starboard) side.

Does anybody know what food they will serve on this train? On their website it says there is a vegetarian option available if you call. The only meat I eat is chicken and I am sort of a picky eater with vegetarian foods, so I am curious what the options are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know what food they will serve on this train? On their website it says there is a vegetarian option available if you call. The only meat I eat is chicken and I am sort of a picky eater with vegetarian foods, so I am curious what the options are.

Unless something changes, word on the street is your choices are

350-1013849__1.jpg

Or

Portobello-Mushroom.jpg

with

MZ_ProductImage_Short_SunRipened_Dried_Tomatoes.png

MZ_PRODUCT_BELLPEPPERS_ROASTED_02.png

marinated in

11458_00021000002825.jpg

Plus the usual garnishes, snacks and trinkets....more or less. Actual ingredients and products may vary. Bon Appetit!

So what might Mr. Moorman have to do with getting permission to run an excursion on a track where one was denied permission with much lecturing just a few weeks back? :p
Moorman worked for NS, so he knew the right people to talk to in order to get these trips scheduled.

I have traveled on 2 autumn excursions and the AEM-7 ride. The lunch served on each trip was some sort of a turkey sandwich. I am a picky eater with allergies, so I always bring "back up" food with me. I was more that satisified with each of the box lunches I was provided.

I am looking at booking the Sunday trip. Depends on wife based plans however.

Since they are providing a box lunch, does this mean no cafe service? They did mention other food options for sale. Just curious as to deciding if I bring a small cooler or not.

I have traveled on 2 autumn excursions and the AEM-7 ride. The lunch served on each trip was some sort of a turkey sandwich. I am a picky eater with allergies, so I always bring "back up" food with me. I was more that satisified with each of the box lunches I was provided.
Last year the turkey sandwich was on Panera bread....delicious! :)

Since they are providing a box lunch, does this mean no cafe service? They did mention other food options for sale. Just curious as to deciding if I bring a small cooler or not.
They have also ran a working Cafe car, where you can purchase an additional box lunch, or the standard regional cafe and bar items. They also offer Amtrak souvenir items for sale. The business class seats in the car were 'reserved' for the volunteer crew members.

Does anyone know what time the Lancaster photo stop is?

Is anyone planning to detrain and take a later Keystone (or WB Pennsylvan?) to see Lancaster, and if so what do you recommend?

...10.5 hours in an amfleet I is a bit long.

They have also ran a working Cafe car, where you can purchase an additional box lunch, or the standard regional cafe and bar items. They also offer Amtrak souvenir items for sale. The business class seats in the car were 'reserved' for the volunteer crew members.
I believe souvenirs, additional drinks and non-perishable snacks (chips, cookies etc) are the only things available in the cafe car.

I believe souvenirs, additional drinks and non-perishable snacks (chips, cookies etc) are the only things available in the cafe car.
Oh, I wasn't sure...besides the included box lunch, my only additional purchases were for coffee and the souvenir pin.

Speaking of souvenir pins, I wonder if they will offer them this year...I have the first two, but they didn't make one last year...

Oh, I wasn't sure...besides the included box lunch, my only additional purchases were for coffee and the souvenir pin.

Speaking of souvenir pins, I wonder if they will offer them this year...I have the first two, but they didn't make one last year...
There should be a pin and tote bag.

Is anyone planning to detrain and take a later Keystone (or WB Pennsylvan?) to see Lancaster, and if so what do you recommend?

So no one has a view on the tentative schedule and fresh air breaks?
Also I assume all souvenirs and lunch will be distributed well before the photo op so no need to fear of missing out.

So no one has a view on the tentative schedule and fresh air breaks?
Also I assume all souvenirs and lunch will be distributed well before the photo op so no need to fear of missing out.
No.

Take a guess.... Yes. The first year they were handing out lunches by 10am IIRC.

I find it hilarious that they are using Lancaster as the photo stop.. There are a decent amount of obstructions. But in fairness, it's the only station that they could pull it off at. I hope that should this photo stop not involve a shove move west then bring it back to the station that the Head End Crew is nice enough to not pull past the barrier at the east end of the platform. Or at least not that close to it. Everytime I was head end riding last May the engineer would stop the train well past that barrier, so I had to get around it to get to the cab. Although the one time the train was in push that was nice, simply cause all I had to do was walk through the coaches.

I wonder what percentage of the passenger's will get off the train for the photo stop?

I mean...its not as if its got something 'exotic' in the consist, or powered by a steam or vintage electric or diesel locomotive. The only thing exotic, perhaps, is its length...

And the photo stop will not be on the 'rare mileage'....whatever, should be interesting....

I wonder what percentage of the passenger's will get off the train for the photo stop?

I mean...its not as if its got something 'exotic' in the consist, or powered by a steam or vintage electric or diesel locomotive. The only thing exotic, perhaps, is its length...

And the photo stop will not be on the 'rare mileage'....whatever, should be interesting....
Maybe they're going to hook up to PRR 4859 in Harrisburg. Just kidding. I know nothing,

Maybe they're going to hook up to PRR 4859 in Harrisburg. Just kidding. I know nothing,
Now that would even get me 'foaming'.... :D

I am all booked on the Sunday trip. In a surprise move, my wife was very enthusiastic about coming along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back