can anyone show me how showering over the toilet is done?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the shower in the room. Sure it gets wet but once done you wedge the door open and it drys fast.

What's the point of paying for a deluxe room and not using the shower?

I travel in a bedroom any time that I can, and have no problem with the shower/bathroom. I much prefer it to using the shower down the hall, with its risk of being beat to it.

On Superliners, there are two types of covers for the toilet paper. One is a transparent flag that is held down with velcro, and the other is a solid curved part that rotates to cover the paper. The curved one never leaks. The transparent flap sometimes does. I carry a roll of gaffer's tape and use it to seal the edges of the flap before showering.

I love the shower in the room. Sure it gets wet but once done you wedge the door open and it drys fast.

What's the point of paying for a deluxe room and not using the shower?
does the train or the bedroom get really dry when travelling in the winter?

If so, the shower in the bedroom may be a bonus for me. I hate dry skin.

whenever I go into a hotel room without a humidifier, the first thing I do is

to fill the tub with the hottest water, which increases the humidify.

I suppose if I keep the shower in the bedroom wet all the time, it'll keep

the humidity in the bedroom higher?

come to think of it.... since there are obviously 110v outlets and a water

faucet, am I allowed to bring a small personal humidifier if I'm travelling

in the bedroom?

On our recent transcontinental trip, I took several showers in our bedroom's attached bathroom and had no problem whatsoever. This was both on Superliners on the Capitol Limited and Empire Builder. The only technique is that you need to use the bedroom as the changing room as there is no place to change inside the shower/toilet. If you are traveling with someone you may need to ask the person to leave the room for a couple of minutes :) The water was hot and plentiful and the towels were clean. No complaints at all.

On our recent transcontinental trip, I took several showers in our bedroom's attached bathroom and had no problem whatsoever. This was both on Superliners on the Capitol Limited and Empire Builder. The only technique is that you need to use the bedroom as the changing room as there is no place to change inside the shower/toilet. If you are traveling with someone you may need to ask the person to leave the room for a couple of minutes :) The water was hot and plentiful and the towels were clean. No complaints at all.
silly question... how can they not run out of water for the shower? I take long showers...okay, maybe 15-minute showers are not that long, but still...

silly question... how can they not run out of water for the shower? I take long showers...okay, maybe 15-minute showers are not that long, but still...
Even though the water is hot, it does not come at a high rate. My guess is that its probably no more than a gallon or two per minute. Considering that most people (like me) take pretty quick shoes (say 5 minutes max), there is probably no worry about running out of water. I did see them refilling water several times on the Empire Builder during the journey.

The only potential problem regarding water consumption that I saw was that some of the faucets have automatic shutoff and it took a while for that to kick in.

I have never had an issue with the bedroom shower. Once I finish toweling off, I use the towel to wipe down the toilet. Being able to take a shower in the privacy of your own room is, for me, part of the Amtrak experience. I love it. I've also used the communal shower down the corridor (on the Capitol Limited) and that was also quite good. A stack of towels and soap, and plenty of room to move about.

Have used the bedroom shower on all trips. It is small but if you put down the toilet seat cover, sit down and turn on the shower it works well. There is no way to get dressed in the shower so as SaraZ has indicated there is no room to dress in there (and it is a wet environment) . You will have to undress, enter the shower and leave the shower au-naturel. It's quite comfortable for us but in the unlikely event that it is uncomfortable for you, just ask your other to leave the room while you shower.

It's called a wet bath, just as I have in my camper. Works fine and my camper bathroom is always clean too. Don't know what many of you are complaining or worried about, it's part of train travel.

Normally, I travel in a roomette when it is just myself, so I use the shower on the lower level which normally kept clean and fully supplied. When I have traveled in a bedroom, I normally use the shower in the room, then wipe down the walls and the toilet with the towel I dried off with, even the floor. This way clothing doesn't get wet using the toilet after a shower. When I traveled with two of my daughters, they used the in room shower and dressed while I when to the lounge car, where they joined me (90 min or more later, pre-teen girls take a while and require privacy). To make it easier I showered downstairs for them. I was just glad to have them join me several times on over night trips. On a Viewliner I would never take a daughter or granddaughter in a roomette due to the toilet situation. Daytime is one thing, but night just doesn't work. To summarize, if you have a Bedroom, plan ahead, use the in room shower, unless like myself I like to take my daughters or granddaughter, then I will inconvenience myself to convenience them because I am so happy to have them interested in train travel, especially teen girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back