Another Idea

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
On long distance trains, would it be possible to use regualr Amfleet I coaches for passengers traveling less than 200 miles? Would this help the equipment shortage a little bit? Just a thought. :)

Amfleet said:
On long distance trains, would it be possible to use regualr Amfleet I coaches for passengers traveling less than 200 miles? Would this help the equipment shortage a little bit? Just a thought. :)
Amfleet,

Not really since the equipment shortage is mainly Superliner equipment, and more specifically the Superliner sleepers and diners. Plus of course we could use a few more Viewliner's and maybe a couple of single level diners.

Coaches are the one thing that by and large Amtrak has enough of.

actually there is a shortage of short distance equipment. On the Empire corridor Amtrak is pulling the dead turbo train with a Genises as standard. They have done this for at least a month. Also amtrak has pulled Horizon equipment from chicago to cover the Adirondak.

John

Well there are signs of progress out there believe it or not. In the past few weeks I have run into two seperate car that were not refurbished at the beginning of the summer but are now. So hopefully this is a sign that Beech Grove is up and running and turning out cars. But, in a recent visit to the Sanford shops I saw many dilapidated Superliners, mostly from the AT wreck. I believe some of them were sent to Beech Grove for repairs, but some like 34126 had a large split down the middle. I'm in process of uploading these pictures from my camcorder to my computer, and will get them to Amfleet ASAP.

Could you send them to me too? I'd be happy to put them on my website (giving you credit of course) if you give me permission.

Actually, Amtraks been cheating on their refurbs. I've noticed on some Amfleets pictures B-51 sent me that only the seats, curtains, and carpets were replaced. The walls still looked dirty and there was "information boards" at the end of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back