Roomette too small for 2 kids?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time train traveler so pardon my ignorance. Im traveling alone with my 2 daughters from South Florida to NYC. Was thinking of getting a roomette and letting the 4 and 7 year olds share a bunk. Apparently I am not allowed to do that. The price difference is huge. Amtrak wants me to get a bedroom instead, and its about 800$ more. Is there any way to pay for an adult ticket for one of the kids and just bring them into the room with us? Thanks for any advice. Amy
As some of the previous responders note.

You should be able to have an adult and two kids in a roomette. Should be no problem according to policy and rules and --

Any reservation clerk should know how to make it happen.

I think that is one full night on the train? We are taking that route soon also. Now when the seats are up, you only have two seats. But if you left the top one still in bed form, maybe they could play up there.

I think that is one full night on the train? We are taking that route soon also. Now when the seats are up, you only have two seats. But if you left the top one still in bed form, maybe they could play up there.
Since they are riding in a Viewliner Roomette this is an excellent idea! There is plenty of Room up top and a nice window too, unlike the "coffin" in a Superliner Roomette!

Last edited by a moderator:
To repeat what everyone else said, you should be able to book yourself and two children into the roomette for overnight. You will have to call, you can't do it online. If the agent you call doesn't know how to do it, ask to talk to their supervisor. If you can't get a supervisor, hang up and call again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back