Empire Builder: The Album

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainman74

Conductor
It takes roughly three days to travel on the Amtrak from Portland, Ore., to the East Coast. At a speed of roughly 50 miles per hour, the Empire Builder rumbles across the Willamette River and Columbia River Draw Bridge, past rolling hills and scenic landscapes. In theory, the trip gives plenty of time to rest and reflect, and for a calm spirit like singer/songwriter Laura Gibson, it allows her to pull from nature as it scrolls past the window.
Full review of a new album titled "Empire Builder," partly inspired by a trip on the EB. And here's the title track.

It takes roughly three days to travel on the Amtrak from Portland, Ore., to the East Coast. At a speed of roughly 50 miles per hour, the Empire Builder rumbles across the Willamette River and Columbia River Draw Bridge, past rolling hills and scenic landscapes. In theory, the trip gives plenty of time to rest and reflect, and for a calm spirit like singer/songwriter Laura Gibson, it allows her to pull from nature as it scrolls past the window.
Full review of a new album titled "Empire Builder," partly inspired by a trip on the EB. And here's the title track.
Nice! I love Laura Gibson. I've seen her on KEXP that Seattle station. In fact, she's featured there to the right on the video page. I hit the Pitchfork Festival every year in Chicago....agree with most of their reviews. Thanks for digging that up! Leaving on the EB this Saturday heading West....perfect!

Just watched the video, and some shots are not from the Builder, and most of all at the end when it pulls into Penn Station!? Otherwise, I did enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back