sleeping and shoes?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flying_babyb

Train Attendant
I dont know why but i was thinking about this today. Do you sleep barefoot? In sneakers? or something else? I dont think i could sleep barefoot on the train, i would worry I would need to get up in the night. We have roomettes if it matters.

I can't sleep with anything on my feet. It drives me crazy. I keep my shoes next to the bed and slip them on if I need to get up during the night.

I sleep with socks usually. I bring on old pair of slippers for trips to the bathrooms.

I know flip-flops are frowned upon on the train, but I pack a pair for walking around the car. My Tevas are flat enough to fit in the front pocket of my carryon.

I know flip-flops are frowned upon on the train, but I pack a pair for walking around the car. My Tevas are flat enough to fit in the front pocket of my carryon.
Yup, by "shoes", I mean flip-flops or ballet flats. I hate wearing shoes, so I wear the most minimal shoe possible at all times. (Reason #151 why I hate Midwestern winters; I am forced into boots, i.e. prison cells for my feet.)

Shoes at all times. For me it's too much trouble to fumble around trying to get shoes on while having to make nocturnal runs to the restroom.
what sort of shoes to you wear? Im a sneaker girl but they seem like they would suck to sleep in.

Yup, by "shoes", I mean flip-flops or ballet flats. I hate wearing shoes, so I wear the most minimal shoe possible at all times. (Reason #151 why I hate Midwestern winters; I am forced into boots, i.e. prison cells for my feet.)
Same! I was known as "the barefoot girl" on my college campus. :lol:

Shoes at all times. For me it's too much trouble to fumble around trying to get shoes on while having to make nocturnal runs to the restroom.
what sort of shoes to you wear? Im a sneaker girl but they seem like they would suck to sleep in.
It is kind of a pain--I wear tennis shoes--but as I said to me it's easier than fumbling around in the dark trying to find my shoes.

I sleep barefoot, have a pair of all condition Nike Sandals that I wear on the train and keep by my bed if I have to go down the hall during the night! ( not needed on a Viewliner I Roomette)

How about hospital socks with the grippy things on the bottom?

medlineslippersock.jpg

I wear socks to sleep, but have a pair of Crocks easy to slip on for the bathroom and walking around the train. Also easy to clean with sanitary wipes before putting in pocket of my bag. I have a standing rule for my granddaughters and my daughter traveling with me, No Flip-Flops. exposed feet in the bathrooms then put on the seats or in the bedding, no way.

I slept barefoot in my roomette.

But I asked the Sleeping Car Attendant (?) what she was wearing early that morning.

She had on shower slippers, which I think I'll buy for a future trip. Easier than putting on/off shoes

when the need arises, and the rubberized sole should make them non-slip.

R4-1-1-SHBO-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I sleep barefoot, but keep UGGs by my bed during the winter and KEEN sandals (they have toe protection) the rest of the year. I just wear them all day.

I go for barefoot and slippers at the bedside for trips "down the hall", but for safety,would wear something more substantial if I was going between cars like to the lounge or diner.

If in a sleeper, socks. I will put on my shoes, if I have to leave my room at any time.

If in a coach, I'll keep my shoes on. They are comfortable, and don't bother me at all....

Unless you have a habit of getting into bed with shoes on, I think having a pair of slip on shoes, slippers, uggs, flip flops, sandals would be better than socks as one never knows what may be on the floor of a bathroom.

My shoes are slip-ons, so I take them off while sleeping -- I can put them on without turning the light on if I need to get up.

Not that more answers are needed, but I sleep barefoot. I never walk barefoot, though, so I keep a pair of slip-on shoes by the bed--not just on a train, but anytime I'm away from home. And no cloth soles; I want something non-absorbent between my feet and the floor!

I just blow all my Guest Rewards points on a bedroom so I don't have to worry about what's on my feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back