Bill Haithcoat's Health Condition

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know you're doing well Bill and glad you get to see and hear trains!

Hopefully you'll be able to travel by Oct for the Gathering, all your AU friends always are glad to see you and talk with you!

Keep on telling us about the Olden and Golden Days of Southern Railroading!

Great to hear from you Bill and, as Jim said, glad to hear that you can hear trains. We will miss you on NTD but we know you will be with us in spirit. :)

Good to see your post, Bill. Take life easy and get good rest.

I hope you will be able to travel west for the Gathering.

Aloha Bill

Good to see your post, I just came home from seeing the UP BigBoy arrive in Las Vegas. 2 Hours late :giggle:

Hello Bill. I'm happy to hear you are doing better. Seeing and hearing the trains is magical, isn't it? I can hear them from my house also, even though they are not Amtrak.

We hope to see you in October. Keep working hard to get better.

Where I live there used to be lots of train horns at just the right distance. One track to the West for Southbound trains and one track to the East for Northbound trains. When my home was quiet you could hear the horns off in the distance as the trains rolled down the tracks. Then the city started a big push for installing silent crossings and the horns began to fade away. A few trains still sound their horns anyway. Maybe they saw someone near the tracks, or they're hauling hazardous waste, or maybe a few engineers simply refuse to participate in silent running, but either way it's nice to hear them once in a while just for old times sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't know you Bill, I'm thinking this many people sending you well wishes... is a really good thing.

:)
Aloha MM

Bill is an increadable RR Historian, Surpassed only by how good a person he is. :wub: Hopfully we will both be at the next Gathering.

This is an old thread, but I want to provide an update. Bill was hospitalized recently and now is in a rehab facility, where he may stay for a while, according to his sister.

Please join me in wishing Bill, a long time and valued AU member, a speedy recovery. One of our members, who is in Atlanta right now, hopes to stop by with a card and well wishes.

Bill, let me add my wishes for a speedy recovery. Like Jim, I'll always value the time and great tour you gave us when Whooz and I visited you back in 2009, and your incredible collection you shared with us.

I was in Atlanta this weekend for other reasons and had some time this afternoon to stop by and wish him well. I gave him our best wishes and also dropped off a card and a magazine (Railfans and Railroads, I believe) on behalf of AU as well.

He is very alert but has a long recovery ahead of him, it seems like. I encourage everyone to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

I was in Atlanta this weekend for other reasons and had some time this afternoon to stop by and wish him well. I gave him our best wishes and also dropped off a card and a magazine (Railfans and Railroads, I believe) on behalf of AU as well.

He is very alert but has a long recovery ahead of him, it seems like. I encourage everyone to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for doing that. I bet it meant a lot to him.

Thank you Jeb!! <3

Thanks Jeb for representing AU with Bill. He is quite a source of railroad history and his presence has been missed these last few years. I spent part of today visiting one of my railroad friends in a nursing home. They always appreciate not being forgotten.. :)

Hope Bill is doing better. I always enjoyed chatting with him and his presence here is one of the things I miss a great deal.

Bill was the first person to respond to my first post ever on A.U. and it was a pleasure to meet up with him in St. Louis at the gathering.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Bill, and thanks, Jeb for dropping by.

Ed. :cool:

Back