Washington Union Station delays (2/24/16)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottRu

Service Attendant
Sitting on 98 in DC, and just notified that no trains are leaving Union Station due to an unspecified fire some 20 minutes north. No word on how long the delay will be.

Given how much rain there has been in the DC area in the past few days, I'm a bit concerned that a fire large enough to halt train traffic is a result of a major accident.

I'd like to suggest (gently) that the thread title could have been better phrased as "Washington Union Station delays northbound". The two extra words, in my mind, allow the title to convey much more information, especially concerning the location. There are several Union Stations,

Good point, though we were informed "no trains are leaving Union Station." I suspect you are correct that only northbound trains were effected.

Nope, my southbound MARC train was also impacted.

South of the station, VRE tweeted that their trains were being held as well.

Overall, a minor hiccup. The train I was on pulled up behind the MARC train in front of us on the platform at NCR (thankfully a veeeeeery long one). We were advised that it may be a while and that Metro was honoring tickets. I hung loose on the platform for a few minutes, and was rewarded when the first MARC train left, and the conductors shouted that we were going to move as well and welcomed us back aboard. The small handful of us had a slow, but uneventful trip in, arriving at WAS maybe 30 minutes later than scheduled.

Contrary to my hunch 'NCR' is not a station by the National Cash Register main offices but New Carrollton. Google to the rescue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back