New blankets?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D.P. Roberts

Conductor
Amtrak just posted this picture of a roomette on Twitter.

Every blanket I've ever seen on Amtrak has been blue. Even when they went to the packaged blankets, I've still only seen blue ones. Is this a really old photo or a really new blanket (and throw pillow)?

Cat-xEkUUAARLHZ.jpg

I can only believe that is a personal embellishment by the occupant of the room. I don't know if I would pack an extra pillow and bedding but it does look inviting.

Are we sure it's not just a marketing thing? For those of us that pay close attention to ads, many will point out there's many flaws when compared to how things really are. That's just what happens when you get designers/artists in that don't know every aspect of the what they're selling, or they try to ham it up.

Speaking of which.... For those of you out there that read this, that ride on the NEC, I suggest you take a look at the map that's in most of the cafes, opposite the serving counter. As an LSA I have spent many maaaaaannnnnnny hours staring in to oblivion waiting for something to happen.

So. The map opposite the counter, for those of you who know what I'm talking about, also has a train on it. It has an AEM-7, and (if I remember correctly) 11 Amfleet coaches. Looks great to the casual observer, and probably to the designers too. However.... There's two pantographs, yet no catenary. 11 coaches, and there's no Cafe? There's also no seats inside the cars. This all is ignoring the fact that they feature stops like Aberdeen and Quantico, but leave out a city like Stamford.

Oh look, I found a picture of the map I'm referencing! https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5521/12643779493_7a21bd2fbf_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only believe that is a personal embellishment by the occupant of the room. I don't know if I would pack an extra pillow and bedding but it does look inviting.
It's possible the occupant was traveling in coach & sleepers on the trip and therefore had the blanket and pillow for coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back