Need Three Companion Passes. Anyone?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rrdude

Engineer
My son, God willing, we be graduating from the US Marines boot camp at Paris Island on April 29th. I'd like to take the Palmetto from SAV to BAL on Saturday, April 30th. There will be six of us, so I guess to maximize my companion pass savings, I'd need three.

Anyone have any they can help me out with?

Thanks in advance.

btw, burned the balance of my points on the south bound Meteor, with one roomette, and three coach fares.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't used my two coupons. If you want 'em they're yours. Just sent a private message and I'll upload them. They expire at the end of the month so I need to unload them quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have one that expires end of this month. Will they let you book with it for travel further out?
Companion passes just need to be booked and ticketed (e-ticket OK) by the expiration date. Thus you can book now for a trip in November!
Upgrade coupons are different. Say you have a 12 hour upgrade coupon. Unless your trip on 11/12/16 is within 12 hours of 2/29/16, you can not use it.

I have one that expires end of this month. Will they let you book with it for travel further out?
Companion passes just need to be booked and ticketed (e-ticket OK) by the expiration date. Thus you can book now for a trip in November!
Upgrade coupons are different. Say you have a 12 hour upgrade coupon. Unless your trip on 11/12/16 is within 12 hours of 2/29/16, you can not use it.
Have your tried doing this before? I just asked AGR and I was told that I need to travel by the expiration date.

I talked to AGR last week. I was told that you must use your companion coupon By the expo date. They told me you must be on your last train to to your final destination before midnight.( In my case 29 FEB 2016.)

I talked to AGR last week. I was told that you must use your companion coupon By the expo date. They told me you must be on your last train to to your final destination before midnight.( In my case 29 FEB 2016.)
Thanks for this. I tried to use my expiring for a future travel and was told the same. So it looks like booking before it expires is a total no go.

Who has the companion coupon? I may be able to use this before 2/29. Looking into it now. Does anyone still have it to share?

I was able to BOOK two companion coupons, on my second call that is, that expired end of Feb, for a trip scheduled for the end of April.

VMMV

I was able to BOOK two companion coupons, on my second call that is, that expired end of Feb, for a trip scheduled for the end of April.
VMMV
Wow good one. Did you get that agents name. He or she could be AU's person of the year !. Well done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back