Posting of Chase AGR Points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having this problem too. No AGR points for my September Chase/AGR credit card purchases. :angry2:

If I log onto my AGR account, I see that my earned points have been regularly posted by Chase on the 9th of each month. However, the points for my Chase/AGR credit card purchases made during the month of September did not post on Oct 9th. And as of today, a full week later, they still have not posted.

IMHO, the problem is that my September purchases are not on what would/should have been my Chase/AGR card's October statement. There is no such thing as of October 1st. Instead, all my September purchases were transferred over to a new Freedom card statement for October (even though I have not even received that card yet).

It seems that Chase is attempting to give me Freedom Ultimate Rewards points for my September purchases, instead of (in lieu of) AGR Reward points. :wacko: Again, that's because these purchases are official being recorded as being made using my (non existent) Freedom card.

Does anyone have a solution? Is there a good strategy to use, when fighting with Chase? Is it a lost cause?

As the OP of this thread, my AGR points still have not posted for Chase transactions from mid-Sept to the end of the Sept. This is important to me since the missing posted points would take me to the 60k threshold. That is enough for a 3zone bedroom redemption which I was hoping to use within the next month. Personally, I will investigate this with AGR if nothing happens by the end of the month.

According to AGR, my Chase points for September have posted. Point total appears to be correct, based on my credit card statement.

The transaction is labeled "Credit Card" with a date of 10/01/15.

According to AGR, my Chase points for September have posted. Point total appears to be correct, based on my credit card statement.

Same here. And my statement closing date is next week. But, the points are a lot lower than I was expecting. I had a few high charges towards the end of the month (with a big on on the 30th). Ok, the transaction took place on 9/30 (evening), but the post date is 10/1. Should I have gotten points?

Last edited by a moderator:
My Chase AGR pointsfrom Sept. posted today 10/16. On my Account they are shown as a Generic "Credit Card".

Now awaiting the Final Chase Bill and receiving the new Chase Freedom VISA which I won't activate since I already have a Chase Freedom Card.( along with others)

Got my chase points today also. Now a long wait until after the pending mortgage app before I can apply for the BoA card....

Anyone NOT have points post for transactions that occurred on 9/30 but posted (on their Chase acct) on 10/1? I wouldn't care if it were a few $/pts, but I had a big moving expense that I put on my Chase AGR card on the 30th that were not included in the points that posted.

Wow, I just checked. As of today, my September points were posted to my AGR account, labeled "Credit Card", but backdated to 10/01/15. I guess Chase and/or AGR wanted it to look like these points were there all along. Yea, right. :rolleyes:

These points were not showing on my AGR account when I checked just yesterday (10/16/2015).

Chase really mishandled all of this. My points posted as "Credit Card" with an Oct 1st date; that transaction just appeared as of this date - Oct 17th.

When I spoke with a Chase representative last week, I was told that since I elected to cancel my Chase AGR card and not accept their Freedom card,

my points for September would "probably" not post.

Fortunately they did but the amount really is insignificant since many of us were forewarned and elected to "charge" elsewhere.

Case closed.

In my experience the Chase Agents have been somewhat confused about this transition, and have been doing a bit of "seat of the pants" answering of questions. However, when I have had a patient conversation with them they have taken the trouble to escalate and come up with the correct answer. They however never could get themselves untangled from one mistake that one of their agents made thinking that they had shipped me a Freedom Card in August, when they had shipped me a replacement AGR Card. This caused them endless hassles canceling random accounts due to fear of fraud and what not, but did not really affect me much. They cancelled the first Freedom Card which they sent me which I received on the same day as the replacement Freedom Card, and my AGR Card continued to work all along masquerading as a Freedom Card from 1 October onwards.

The net net was that I got a Freedom Card on the 8th of October and all my AGR eligible charges showed up as AGR points in my AGR account sometime last week however backdated to 1 October. This last bit was a bit weird, but inconsequential as far as I am concerned. That period between the 14th and the end of the month was when I was charging stuff to both my AGR cards anyway. :) The actual Amtrak and travel stuff was getting charged to the BoA card of course.

My September Chase points posted with the description "Credit Card Adjustment" and back dated to 10/1. It was accurately broken into two transactions: points from non-Amtrak charges (1pt/$) and Amtrak charges (2 pt/$).

The actual statement closing date, and the date when I would have expected the points to post, was 10/4. I suspect the all purpose "adjustment" type of transaction had to be used because the code that automatically posts Chase points was pulled when the contract ended (9/30), without realizing that the points don't ordinarily post until the statement is run. If the "adjustments" had to be entered manually, it would also explain the delay.

My mom's AGR account experienced the same type of entry backdated to 10/1 just stating "Credit Card". I assumed correctly that it must have been the final Chase credit.

Same here. September's Chase points posted just fine as of "10/1", and, yes, the transaction record appears similar to manual adjustments I've had previously. So good deal, we'll manage to get that West Coast trip next spring booked before the LD redemption system goes to Hell. :(

I also recently saw my Chase points from 10/1 just show up in my account labeled "credit card." However, several other transactions from late September / early October just showed up on the same day, & most of those were on the new BoA card, not Chase. I also had a transaction that was missing for several months also show up on the same day. So, some of the delay may be AGR's fault, not Chase's.

Back