BOA Guest Rewards Credit Card - anyone receive it yet?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine on Friday.....and another Saturday! I applied for and got one over the phone after being turned down online, and apparently after being approved on the phone my previously refused application online suddenly got approved. So now I have two cards and two accounts!

I got mine on Friday.....and another Saturday! I applied for and got one over the phone after being turned down online, and apparently after being approved on the phone my previously refused application online suddenly got approved. So now I have two cards and two accounts!
I avoided that by specifically asking them to cancel one application while I was on the phone. They canceled the application that they had not rejected yet, and approved the application that they had rejected once. Go figure!

Well, no problems here... I was already a BoA customer (credit card only, no other accounts), with online access set up. They approved my online application within a minute or two. I received several letters in the mail, including two with my credit score (which is very good for someone at the poverty level). Then I received a letter saying that they had noticed I was not using the overly generous credit limit on my longstanding BoA card, so they had taken some of the credit limit off that card to pump the new one up to an acceptable level (a good resolution for me, as I mostly use my AGR card these days, and they might have noticed that from my credit report). Got the card Saturday, activated yesterday, and used for an online purchase through the shopping portal without a hitch. I don't think I will have a problem using the card $1,000 worth in 90 days (and yes, I know the 90 days starts the day of approval).

So, yesterday we applied for Hubby's card. He has not ever been a BoA customer. His app was "pending" till this morning, when it switched to "under review." I just checked and he has been approved. I expect a fairly low credit limit, but we pay all our bills when they come, so that's not a problem.

Now to look in the cardholder agreement from Chase, and see what procedure they wish me to use to close that account... I have put that one away, and won't be using it again.

I too received two cards a day apart. Had an issue with first application and applied again. I will utilize both for the 40,000 points. Activated each online and no problems using them.

Got mine Friday...got the info packet today.

Looks like my monthly Metrolink pass won't earn 2 points/$ as I had hoped. :angry2: MCC 4111 (Transportation-Suburban and Local Commuter Passenger) is not listed in the 2 points non-Amtrak travel category.

Oh well. I will however. be earning more points via this credit card than the previous one.

MY card arrived here today. Didn't have a chance to use it yet . Will try tomorrow. I opted for the World Card andf hope that its worth the annual fee.. I guess with the 20,000 bunus points. it pays for itself. . Its pretty obvious that the longer 2 zone trips will require quite a bit more points but the shorter 2 zone trips will stay close to the same point total.

It's not clear to me on the BofA site how to set it up to pay the cc bill electronically from an outside bank account. Is it through the 'bill pay' link? But I don't want 'bill pay' - I want 'pay my cc bill'. Deeper into the 'bill pay' page there is a link to 'add a pay from account' which just confuses me. The only options are checking account or money market. I expect, and want, savings acct as an option.

Maybe I'm just jumping the gun here and more will be revealed after the card is activated.

It's not clear to me on the BofA site how to set it up to pay the cc bill electronically from an outside bank account. Is it through the 'bill pay' link? But I don't want 'bill pay' - I want 'pay my cc bill'. Deeper into the 'bill pay' page there is a link to 'add a pay from account' which just confuses me. The only options are checking account or money market. I expect, and want, savings acct as an option.

Maybe I'm just jumping the gun here and more will be revealed after the card is activated.
I am wondering the same thing.

Ditto! I asked a BOA so called Customer Service Agent this question. and they said they didn't know!!! When I asked for a Supervisor she told me that they are "on break"!!

Not a promising start! Is this any way to run a Railroad, er Bank??!!!

I am wondering the same thing.
Try setting it up through your bank's "bill pay" menu, which should allow you to choose the "account to pay from", and exact amount to pay, each month when you pay the bill. Choose "new payee." Your bank''s site will ask you for the billing info (account number and mailing address that payments are to be sent to). Then it will "find" the payee, and set it up.

I set up all my bill payments this way. I do NOT let a payee have my account info. I did that just once, and then deleted it after some things I wanted to go on my credit card were taken out of my bank account. This way, I just collect all my bills that get paid on the 15th, sit down, transfer the money and pay 'em all at once. Easy.

I phoned BoA and asked about paying from my checking account. They walked me through doing it on line, which started from bill pay, then "add a pay from account." It is possible that the pay from account has to be checking or mma.

Received my card yesterday (Monday the 28th), in the suburbs of Chicago, when it was sent on the 22nd. I was momentarily confused by two different activation phone numbers :unsure: one on a sticker on the card itself, a different one on all the other paperwork in the same envelope. But since I have bank accounts & my mortgage with Bank of America already, I activated the card online instead, which took only a few seconds. :p

I don't have the "how to pay the bill online" problem because it'll be a transfer between my accounts like paying my mortgage. But with the Chase card, I agree with oregon pioneer: I pay Chase from my Bank of America checking using bill-pay on BofA's website, not using Chase's website.

I've already rung up $300 on the new card* and have no doubt I'll make the requisite $1,000 in purchases in 30 days, never mind 90 days.

*plus a couple of $1 or $0.01 charges from merchants confirming that the card works when I added the new card as an online payment account. Presumably they will clear to $0, though I've had one or two penny charges persist over the years. :huh:

I would be willing to bet that using the "Money Market" selection will work for a savings account.

I got my second card activated today. I should have no a problem racking up $1000 within 3 months on both of them. I plan to pay my hospital bill from my emergency room visit in August on one of them along with a planned Amtrak trip. Those two will put me over the $1000 limit on that card and the every day expenses I have I will put on the other card. And that will take care of the $1000 limit for THAT card.

I got my card last week. I'm honestly kind of pissed, because I have a nearly 800 credit rating and got a 19.99 interest rate. Meanwhile I've seen other people say they've gotten a rate as low as 12.99%. I plan on paying my balances off monthly anyway, but it's still a little annoying.

FYI - You do use the Bill Pay section to set up your "pay from" bank. BofA will make dummy deposits to your non BofA checking account which you must sign on to you BofA online banking account and then go to Bill Pay section and on the line where your "pay from account" is you need to click "verify" and then enter the two dummy deposit amounts to verify validity of your account and then you are good to go using your non BofA checking or other deposit account to pay your monthly bills. I had no problem setting up my pay from account.

My first statement ending date in on the Oct 7 so we will soon see how quick AGR points post to my AGR account.

Mine came in Monday. Used it Tuesday at various places with no problem. Tried using Apple Pay where I work but an error popped up on the card reader that I've never seen before. Used discover on Apple Pay instead and that went through without a problem.

Maybe I'll give it another go tomorrow.

FYI - You do use the Bill Pay section to set up your "pay from" bank. BofA will make dummy deposits to your non BofA checking account which you must sign on to you BofA online banking account and then go to Bill Pay section and on the line where your "pay from account" is you need to click "verify" and then enter the two dummy deposit amounts to verify validity of your account and then you are good to go using your non BofA checking or other deposit account to pay your monthly bills. I had no problem setting up my pay from account.

My first statement ending date in on the Oct 7 so we will soon see how quick AGR points post to my AGR account.
I got my pay from account all set up. And, since BofA approved me for two accounts and sent me two cards, I can spend twice as much now, right? :p :lol:

Finally got mine...at my old address. Glad I remembered to check my mail before I left as today I finished up clearing out the house and no longer need to go back, though I may go back every day or two to check the mail.

USPS not forwarding all mail to your new address? Complain to the Postmaster at the old address.

USPS not forwarding all mail to your new address? Complain to the Postmaster at the old address.
Some mail was forwarded. This and another one were marked COA not in effect yet, deliver to old address.Actually, with the BoA interest rate being higher than my Chase rate, this kept me from putting my moving expenses on the higher rate card.

So, where have I used my new card so far? At the Chase cafeterias. :D

My limited experience is that credit cards are not forwarded. I had a card returned to sender and then cancelled because it couldn't be forwarded and the old mailbox was marked as no-deliveries.

Back