Pope petitioned to bless DC Metro

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo I took there a couple weeks ago. Look how frequent the service is to the destination of "No Passenger" -- two trains in a minute!

21106901782_36a684fb35_c.jpg

Yeah, it would pretty much take a miracle for Metro to work.

Yesterday portions of the Orange, Silver and Blue lines had a service suspension due to a fire at a power substation, today it is portions of the Yellow and Green lines that have a service suspension due to a power loss. Maybe a higher power can help!

As I said recently in a different thread, riding Metro is like shooting craps!

There must of been a lot of folks hailing Mary!

Mary the cab driver, Mary the bus driver, Mary the Uber driver, Mary the Lyft driver... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who has been through the curse of using WMATA multiple times, I wholeheartedly agree with this petition.

If this does not work, next can someone try exorcism please?

"I cast you out! Unclean Spirit!"

An exorcism would be a great idea, but Georgetown's leaders at the time Metro was being planned snubbed and chafed at the idea of a Metro stop anywhere near Georgetown, because they claimed it would bring in too many of the 'great unwashed' (read people of color). The elitists and bigots prevailed, and thus there is no stop in Georgetown. As a result there is no place for Father Merrin to perform an exorcism. :eek:

Although Georgetown now regrets their opposition to a stop, obviously Metro's woes can be traced to the community leaders of Georgetown at the time and Metro was therefore ultimately cursed and possessed from the start! :giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes the accuracy of The Onion's pungent, biting sarcasm makes me cry! -_-

BTW - I really enjoyed the "What do you think?" piece one can find when one scrolls down from the article. It does such a nice job of capturing the 'friendly openness' of some east coast megalopolites!

Back