leaf peeping

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

manderson

Service Attendant
I'm planning a circle trip for late september for fall foliage-- Adirondack up, ferry across lake champlain, vermonter back to ny. Any opinions on whether business class on the vermonter is worth it?

Usually a bit quieter, less traffic, and if 2X1, Def worth is. Sit on the "correct" side, when passing Lake Champ.....

Leaf peeping,unique name for a topic. I always thought the Cardinal thru West Virginia and the Ohio River on the Kentucky side would be nice in the fall.Never have been on where you are planning to go..sounds like a nice plan.

I made this trip from NYC in late September 6 or 8 years ago. I didn't even know there was BC on the Vermonter. I don't recall the Vermonter being crowded at all until much closer to the City, say Hartford. The northbound Adirondack, on the other hand, seemed full all the way. Make sure the ferry still is running on your date.....it stops for the season around that time. I had it on the last day IIRC. I stayed in a Tibetan Guest House a little south of Burlington. I got from the ferry to the GH and then from the GH to Essex Junction station with public transit with no problem.

Late September could a bit early for leaf peeping in New England this autumn, due to the strong El Nino building. First or second week of October will probably have more color.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of "leaf peeping".....any speculation on this year's Autumn Excursion? From Philly again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back