How do you stop a rattling door?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snvboy

Service Attendant
You use two hangers and wedge them in good.

Not sure if anybody was staying in this room or not. #29 on 2/25

h4acmM4.jpg

I had a glass partition that was rattling like crazy on a California Car. It wasn't really secured to anything at the top, so it just banged and banged while the train vibrated. So I just put my hand there and pressed so that it stopped. Then after a while I got tired and figured it wasn't worth it. I just wish someone would put a piece of rubber or foam in there.

I have seen that before on the H room. I wouldn't be surprised if it was to prevent the door from sliding open and shut as the train goes around corners.

On the Texas Eagle/Sunset LImited, the room dividing door between our bedroom and the next was rattling and not quite closed. Our SCA "procured" a roll of duct tape and he and I "fixed" it!

Last edited by a moderator:
When my wife and I checked in to our room on the SWC a few weeks ago, we noticed there were four plastic straws (still in their wrappers) that were obviously old enough to have discolored still stuck in the door. They had fallen almost all the way to the bottom on their own, though.

When I noticed the door still rattling as I was trying to sleep, I took a paper cup from the sink area and jammed it into the top right corner where the biggest gap was. That shut it up for the duration of the trip.

Yup, I've seen that "There, I fixed it!" with the hangers on the TE before. Usually for the H bedroom, which I assume wasn't in use at the time.

A litle (or a lot of) duct tape will fix almost anything. I've used it on the air vent in a bedroom and on rattling doors.

"Don't leave home without it." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back