30% AGR Bonus?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When do they start offering the 30% AGR bonus? I'm getting antsy & not gonna wait for another 50% bonus offer!
Many of us have already gotten the 30% offer. I bought my points last week (my offer ends 2/16/15). If you didn't get the email, still check on the site - pretend you're buying points - to see if it's there.

I already got my email for the 30%, and bought my points for the year. I see the current offer's good till Feb 16th.

I know these are often targeted offers. I never, ever have gotten one of the 50% offers. I just checked Hubby's account, and found I had to go so far as to log into the "buy points" dialog in order to see that he has a similar 30% offer. Have you logged in to see if it's there on your account?

I don't know. I never got any email, but the 30% bonus was there for me. I just bought the last 30% bonus on Dec 31 after 11 pm! :D
I joined AGR in December, saw the 30% bonus, and foolishly decided to forego it. Maybe that's why I haven't seen another one...

I don't know. I never got any email, but the 30% bonus was there for me. I just bought the last 30% bonus on Dec 31 after 11 pm! :D
I joined AGR in December, saw the 30% bonus, and foolishly decided to forego it. Maybe that's why I haven't seen another one...
Just a heads up, Train2104, you can purchase 10K (+ bonus) points every calendar year. So if you bought 10K in December, you wouldve been able to buy another 10K in Jan 1st.

How do you get selected to receive the 50% bonus?

I would like to get on the list.
It's sort of arbitrary. We've all posted when we get the various emails and combine it with the last time we took a trip and/or bought points, and we still can't seem to figure out what kind of algorithm they use to determine who gets the 50% offer.

Took advantage of 30% offer December 2014. Haven't received any heads up for a repeat offer this year. Just checked my account again before posting - nothing new. Have normal 10,000 or below offer - but no percentage bonus currently.

I received a 50% offer from Amtrak in July 2014 and purchased the max. I received a 30% offer from Amtrak in January 2015 and waived this one.

Back