#6(06) lost 5+ hours in Nebraska :o

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
Weather or farm equipment?

* Train 6 of 09/06/2014.

* California Zephyr

* +---------------- Station code

* | +----------- Schedule Arrival Day

* | | +-------- Schedule Arrival time

* | | | +----- Schedule Departure Day

* | | | | +-- Schedule Departure Time

* | | | | | +------------- Actual Arrival Time

* | | | | | | +------- Actual Departure Time

* | | | | | | | +- Comments

* V V V V V V V V

* LNK 3 320A 3 326A 833A 842A Departed: 5 hours and 16 minutes late.

* OMA 3 459A 3 514A 336P 355P Departed: 10 hours and 41 minutes

The EB #8(9/06) arrived at CHI 16 minutes early (!) and the SWC #4 (0/06) also arrived at CHI early by 3 minutes. Perhaps the CZ delay was caused by karma. Or the conservation of total delay for the western LD trains. :huh:

Disabled freight train blocking the track around Omaha. Then backed up traffic clearing from that.

The crew timed out during the ordeal but was replaced before the freight was cleared.

Running 11+ hours behind now. Overheard there was a mechanical issue in Nevada that added about 5 hours to the delay too.

I'm following this closely because I am concerned about my CZ/LSL connection in a couple months. Looks like they are holding the LSL at Chicago. Maybe not good for the current passengers, but good for me to see to relieve a concern!

(And in general, I'm starting to get addicted to the train tracker on their website just to be curious about all the trains! :) )

Anyone have recent info on CZ to Cardinal connection? Either holding the Cardinal or busing Galesburg-Indy or other clever moves? Thanks. My roll of the dice starts Sept. 27.

no worries....BNSF has sent the dispatching crew that allowed #8 into Chicago early to a CSX dispatching re-education camp somewhere in the swamps of Florida. That mistake won't be repeated anytime soon.

Anyone have recent info on CZ to Cardinal connection? Either holding the Cardinal or busing Galesburg-Indy or other clever moves? Thanks. My roll of the dice starts Sept. 27.
My roll of the dice for this starts next week.... Actual departure times for the eastbound Cardinal this past month indicate that they've NOT been holding the train for late-arriving CZ. I'm guessing that they've been busing passengers Galesburg-Indianapolis to make that connection, but that's just a guess. If I have time today, I'll call Amtrak about this; will post answer if I get one.

Finally arrived 2:52 AM, 12 hours and 2 minutes late. Shades of Zimbabwe... Our freight system seems to be melting down along with Amtrak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back