EB Mess - 2

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dinner was awesome . Steak here Tilapia for She Who Must Be Obeyed. Cheesecake around but my lymph nodes or lack thereof are reminding me not a smart move. Devils Lake next 1:40 behind. Have had Verizon service all the way.

Curtis is a good SCA.corelle on the table. Linen for supper paper for breakfast. Just lost, 45 minutes outside Minot.

A first: We had to wait about 10 minutes just west of the Cascade Tunnel to wait for them to pump fresh air into it. I know they have to do this after each train passes through but this is the first time I've had to wait. Now about 1:45 late into Wenatchee. Breakfast is looking better for tomorrow all the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep us updated on your trips. What was the reason for the late departure from Seattle?

A first: We had to wait about 10 minutes just west of the Cascade Tunnel to wait for them to pump fresh air into it. I know they have to do this after each train passes through but this is the first time I've had to wait. Now about 1:45 late into Wenatchee. Breakfast is looking better for tomorrow all the time!
Why bother? Diesel fumes are known to the State of California to be part of a well-balanced diet. :giggle:

We arrived at 1:30 am about 6 hours late. Verizon was spotty after Willisten. Curtis was a great SCA and really helped getting us off #7. Glacier Lodge staff were waiting and I barely touched the luggage. The view this morning made it all worth while.

I'm confused, tried to search this but could not find the information. I'm trying to plan a round trip for my brother and his wife from RVR to East Glacier Park. The website says there is no same day service? When I try one way routings there is no eastbound connection for the EB to the CL which leaves CHI at 6:40 but there is a connection with the Cardinal that leaves at 5:45, hence my confusion.

Their trip won't be until this time next year. Will the BNSF track improvements be done by then?

They were visiting the Blackfeet Indian reservation where my sister-in-laws father was born and raised. Their cabin faced the BNSF main and were amazed at the volume of train traffic. They noticed the EB and thought it would be nice to take the train next time. Hopefully the mess will be cleared up and two new foamers in making will be born.

I'm confused, tried to search this but could not find the information. I'm trying to plan a round trip for my brother and his wife from RVR to East Glacier Park. The website says there is no same day service? When I try one way routings there is no eastbound connection for the EB to the CL which leaves CHI at 6:40 but there is a connection with the Cardinal that leaves at 5:45, hence my confusion.

Their trip won't be until this time next year. Will the BNSF track improvements be done by then?

They were visiting the Blackfeet Indian reservation where my sister-in-laws father was born and raised. Their cabin faced the BNSF main and were amazed at the volume of train traffic. They noticed the EB and thought it would be nice to take the train next time. Hopefully the mess will be cleared up and two new foamers in making will be born.
The only connection Amtrak will even try is the EB with the LSL, and even that is a 50-50 proposition. If you can afford the time and cost the only way to ensure a "connection" is to stay in Chicago overnight.

The only connection Amtrak will even try is the EB with the LSL, and even that is a 50-50 proposition. If you can afford the time and cost the only way to ensure a "connection" is to stay in Chicago overnight.
Thanks, I can think of a lot worse things to do than stay in Chicago over night. Hopefully things improve by this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back