Amtrak Exhibit Train in LNK

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailFanLNK

Conductor
I was just reading the Lincoln Journal Star and haven't been on AU in quite some time. So "hi" to all my friends here. The train will be in Lincoln NE on April 26th and 27th. Is this something that others (than myself) would like to see? Can you go in it? I tout Amtrak in a positive light as much as possible so I don't want to put something out on Facebook that wouldn't interest the "regular Joe". Thanks!

Hey, another Lincolnite! Thanks for saying something about this, I'm going to have to look up specifics and go this weekend when I'm in town.

Greeting Al, how Brenda doing?

Have yet to take a look at the train, but why would you not want to get dinner downtown and go for a walk (tour) of the display train.

Date weekend thing. How could that be bad.

The Exhibit Train came through Agency, Iowa this evening on the end of the California Zephyr.

Yes, you can go inside of it. It's, basically, a rolling museum that showcases Amtrak's history. It's a self-guided tour, so they can spend as much or as little time as they want in there.

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=Page&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1251624275780
Very nice info and history of the engines and cars....thanks for providing the link. I wonder who staffs the train....regular OBS employees? Must be a nice diversion from regular duties, with a bit of rare mileage to boot.....although not much chance to earn tips...... :)

ImageUploadedByAmtrak Forum1398540943.001586.jpg

Visited the exhibit train today! It was pretty neat. It was also my first time seeing the new LNK Amtrak station. Can't wait to board there!

Glad you enjoyed, have yet to see the new station. For those who live elsewhere the old station was in the way of a small college's football field.

Nebraska priorities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha actually it was in the way of a basketball arena and (apparently necessary) accompanying bar district. Progress goes marching on!

Hello everyone! It was VERY busy at our train station with Pro-Rail Nebraska set up along with Operation Lifesaver. Gobs of folks going through it as well. My stepson and grandson loved it! Really enjoyed the time with them and dumped about $100 on Amtrak stuff for my grandson and I. :giggle: It's been a challenging year here. Battled colon cancer and my significant other has been in the hospital as well but we are doing well....tired but well! No trips planned this year but maybe one in mid-October to Chicago. My health will keep me from going to California for the AU Gathering. I just don't have enough energy to travel that far by train and not have it kick my rear end! :angry2:

I saw the Exhibit Train today on the end of Amtrak #6(26). Sounds like someone was riding along in the cab of the Veterans engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back