ACS-64 Heads Up

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that a lot can happen in 12 days. I just need to know if that's the date they said it might be. I prepare for things like that way ahead of time so that my equipment is ready along with my schedule changes for things like that. I do film these rare catches as often as I can. Any info will be helpful thanks again.

I saw it this morning on the CZ leaving Emeryville 'topless'. I don't know what that's all about but I first saw it last night in the Oakland yard as we cruised past (was on a points run from SJC to EMY and back). 611 has no 'roof'. :huh:

I saw it this morning on the CZ leaving Emeryville 'topless'. I don't know what that's all about but I first saw it last night in the Oakland yard as we cruised past (was on a points run from SJC to EMY and back). 611 has no 'roof'. :huh:
For reference, there was some discussion about the roof appearance and Roof Shrouds back in this thread around 03 DEC 2013.

Just passing along what I've heard; take it with a grain of salt: "603 will be on train 184 and the 605 will be on train 84..." no date provided, but I think it's safe to presume that if it's not today, it's some time this week.

Just to give you guys the heads up ACS64 units numbers 603 and 605 will be in revenue service today on trains 184 and 84.

Just passing along what I've heard; take it with a grain of salt: "603 will be on train 184 and the 605 will be on train 84..." no date provided, but I think it's safe to presume that if it's not today, it's some time this week.
They are in service today a following engineer told me he saw the 603 and the 605 ready to go

Just to give you guys the heads up ACS64 units numbers 603 and 605 will be in revenue service today on trains 184 and 84.
Those are WAS to NYP Regionals, so the ACS-64's are still limited to NYP-WAS operations. Any word or reports on when a fix will be implemented and deployed for the power changes north of NYP?

Those are WAS to NYP Regionals, so the ACS-64's are still limited to NYP-WAS operations. Any word or reports on when a fix will be implemented and deployed for the power changes north of NYP?
The 600 made a trip up to Boston on train 174 and was only two minutes late, I would say things may have gone well. I would ask more questions to make sure.

Filmed the California Zephyr with ACS-64 No. 611 at the station in Ottumwa, Iowa today. Hopefully there will be another 611 running in good time.

Edit: The weak-stomached may want to skip over the park around the 2:06 mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome video!

I saw 611 sitting in the shop in Chicago when I was running Metra train 831 home. It was still sandwiched between 170 and 45. That was the first I've seen an ACS-64 in person. I really like it!! They look SO much better than I originally thought they would.

YouTube user Narodnie Mstiteli uploaded this video of AMTK 611 on #6(20):

Slightly off topic question but the third vehicle in that consist, is it a normal Superliner sleeper? Seems to have no lower level windows, or am I missing something?

Back