Steaming at the Diner Crew on the 4 (5)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have white noise apps, and they keep me awake. ;) A real fan is the only thing that works.

I'm like the princess and the pea. Brent teases me all the time.

I have white noise apps, and they keep me awake. ;) A real fan is the only thing that works.

I'm like the princess and the pea. Brent teases me all the time.
Sarah,

First of all Happy Birthday! I take a small electric fan that is dinky enough to be used to dry nails in a salon. But as tiny as it is it generates enough fan noise to block sounds out for me. Plus I like the air stirring in the roomette as well. I use duct tape to keep it in place.

You can always download all the Train Sounds and take them with you :)
On the way back from our Oligocene fossil dig last week we stayed in a motel right up against a double-track UP line... was almost as good as traveling on a LD Amtrak train given all the train sonics :) ... though the wife not a lover of train travel didn't appreciate them :-(

Thanks, shelpz!

I do have a camping fan. It's small and runs on batteries. I bring it to hotels, so I'll start packing it for the train.

I must say that my experience tends to be quite the opposite of many posters', but it took years of hearing loss to get to this point. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back