Amsnag (not) broken with new web design?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CarolynG

I saw in a different topic about the new web design that some people can use Amsnag, some not. I am one who cannot. Is anyone out there able to do it? Did you do some kind of alteration on your computer to get it to work? If there's nothing I can do to make it work and someone can still use it, can you do me a huge favor? Can you do roundtrip from October 10 to 16 PHL to STL and 18-25 STL to PHL and print to PDF or something and send to carolyngerding at gmail.com? I would REALLY appreciate it!!

Thank you!!

Last edited:
CarolynG - I'm in the same boat as you: still doesn't work... and am sufficiently frustrated in not having it in terms of easily finding low bucket tickets that I'm in the process of writing my own [though will be a pc app and not a web app, but with one or two extra bells and whistles - the primary being keeping a history of previous "snags" - so that one can over time find when to expect low bucket fares, and how fast/when low bucket fares get bought up or are repriced].

I suspect that it is down for everyone. The good news (I think) is that it did work for a few days after the new amtrak.com went live. Looking at the error message, I suspect that the problem is unrelated, and that Paul ought to be able to fix it without too much difficulty by updating to the latest version of the program library that he's using.

I suspect that it is down for everyone. The good news (I think) is that it did work for a few days after the new amtrak.com went live. Looking at the error message, I suspect that the problem is unrelated, and that Paul ought to be able to fix it without too much difficulty by updating to the latest version of the program library that he's using.
I just got back from a biketrain trip and noticed the error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in /home/biketra1/public_html/common/mysqli.php on line 11.

At this point all all I can say is that it's not due to any change change to Amtrak.com. I'm getting the same error with all my apps on the hosting service. It's as if the name of the function to open a MYSQL database has changed.

Hey, thanks for the excellent resource and my sympathies for having to deal with a coding problem. Perhaps the thread linked below might help get the database back on the rails:

http://board.phpbuilder.com/showthread.php?10371200-RESOLVED-i-am-Fatal-error-Call-to-undefined-function-mysql_connect()-using-php5-2-mysql-4-1
Right. A call to phpinfo(INFO_MODULES) showed that the preferred mysql extension, MYSQLI, but not the older one, MYSQL, had been disabled by the hosting service, probably just a mistake during some internal upgrading. A service request to them got things running almost immediately.

Working fine as of 30 seconds ago.

Dolphin Browser on Android device.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's working for me now on Firefox! Access to low buckets (and using my AGR points when I have enough) enables me to ride the rails often :hi:

Thanks so much Paul :) !!

Might also want to try clearing your browser cache, to see if it is just reloading from cache the output from your last (broken) visit to the.site. FWIW, it does work for me on my Windows 7 machine with both Firefox and IE 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back