Late LSL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Anyone know why the westbound LSL (#49) was 6 hours late into Cleveland today (7/22)?

Boy, 6 hours is bad. I think my reading all these posts is bringing my opinion of Amtrak down...LOL We are at the time of life when schedules do not matter much, but all theses long delays are not looking good.

Also, the train only had one locomotive pulling a full consist, and it usually has two. Wonder if there was a collision or a breakdown.

We sat in Albany NY (449) waiting for 5 hours for 49 out of NYC. After that, things went downhill FAST. We lost our slot with the freight railroad. Heard that the crews timed out. Had greasy pizza brought in for supper in Albany since we didn't have a dining car, got slow orders for crews that were working on the rails etc. We then pulled into CUS at 4:10pm and stood around waiting for vouchers and a bus to Willowbrook IL for 4 hours. Amtrak really disappointed my wife and I on this return trip. With the way computers are these days why did we all have to stand in line and wait for voucher after voucher to be hand written out to all of us? Then to rub salt in the wound the hotel was in Willowbrook IL nowhere near Chicago. Brenda and I were thinking of going to the White Sox game for something to do. Willowbrook is nowhere near the city (mass transit) and we were stuck out there unless we wanted to spend $60 on a cab "to" Chicago...which we did on Tuesday because the bus Amtrak was to provide to pick us up (40 passengers who didn't connect to the EB and CZ) didn't show up at 11am as we were told. We called, they said, "it's been there" and I laughed saying "We've all been sitting outside since 10:30am, no bus has come." Another CSR panicked when I told her it was 11:30am and we still "don't have a bus". She told me if no bus was out there by noon to call again. Other CSR's were saying, (in a rude tone of voice) "sir, a bus has been dispatched and will be there soon!" Well no bus as of 1:10pm so 6 of us with a 4 year old girl who wasn't seatbelted in because there was no room left spent $70 (with tip) to get to CUS at 1:45pm. The "others" (about 34 other passengers) waited and then a bus showed up at 1:30pm wanting to take people to CUS but the passengers pretty much said, "you're going to Naperville". I wasn't there for that part but the lack of communication was terrible. This really upset my wife and really put a downer on our trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back