Meals To Ticketed Passengers In Sleeper?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonus Question:
I'm ready to board the train, I advertise in the terminal that I have a roomette and will sell a set of meals for $30, and have THAT person listed as being in my roomette with the agreement that will not visit it. for $40 they can also use the shower room.

Yea yea yea I know, but thinking like an outhouse lawyer, as much as people on here like to pick flea crap out of the black pepper, why not ?
If your companion has a ticket in the roomette, he/she will not be entitled to a coach seat.
Sorry, I should have crossed this thread with the lounge lizard thread :eek:

I think notifying Customer Relations will result in your getting a refund or voucher for the value of the meals you had to pay for. We received a nice voucher for the only real problem we've ever had on Amtrak, and the purpose of my call to CR was more to compliment the way the problem was handled than a complaint about the problem itself. So based on that, I think Customer Relations is quick to make things right (or at least used to be.)
Or not. I had this exact scenario happen to me a couple of years ago and posted about it in the forum. We (two moms and two boys) were in coach on the CZ and upgraded on board to the only available sleeper, a bedroom, which does, I believe, allow this configuration (two adults and two children). When we went to the diner, they refused one of the meals saying we were only entitled to three for a bedroom. We didn't just say, ok, either we argued that meals were included in the sleeper for everyone ticketed for the sleeper but they were firm with their denial. I called customer service when we got home to argue the point and got no where with them either, no voucher, no anything. (And we were not rude or demanding, just politely stating the facts).

So, like everything else with Amtrak, YMMV.

I would ask for a supervisor, and if that still doesn't work, I'd fax them the page from the blue book. I love that Ryan and a couple others keep posting it.

I'm sorry they didn't fix it for you.

... and if that didn't work, I'd be on the phone with Customer Relations later. But that doesn't help during the trip, and could be an unpleasant surprise for the passengers.
Seems to me a recent poster claimed to have emailed Customer Relations regarding a service problem and the response suggested that, should it happen again, the passenger call customer relations in real time.

I thought at the time that this was a real break through; but that for me to make the call, it would have to be a serious issue and I would have to be certain of the rules. This seems like one of those cases.

Bonus Question:
I'm ready to board the train, I advertise in the terminal that I have a roomette and will sell a set of meals for $30, and have THAT person listed as being in my roomette with the agreement that will not visit it. for $40 they can also use the shower room.

Yea yea yea I know, but thinking like an outhouse lawyer, as much as people on here like to pick flea crap out of the black pepper, why not ?
If your companion has a ticket in the roomette, he/she will not be entitled to a coach seat.
Sorry, I should have crossed this thread with the lounge lizard thread :eek:
I was about to say that the companion would certainly be entitled to a lounge seat. But it looks like you want to invoke the lounge lizard rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back