Staff Changes & Promotions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
On the heals of Anthonys big announcement, Im going to shake things up a bit more as we promote a few of the remaining staff members and add a few more people to the staff. In addition to the new Admin account GBadmin, which Austin and his support staff will use, were promoting Tom (MrFSS) from Forum Manager to Administrator.

Bill (PRR 60) is going to step up to replace Tom as a Forum Manager and work with Eric. Finally Penny (PennyK) and Cliff ( Anderson ) are being promoted to Moderators.

Please join me in both congratulating them and thanking them for their service.

Best to all of you with new roles. I'm sure this will continue to be a fun and useful forum.

Congratulations, everyone. I do a little moderating on another board, so I can tell the new folks...you've got your work cut out for you. Bwah-ha-ha!

Any chance of changing the new admin account capitalization to GBAdmin? As it is, it looks like it belongs to someone named G. Badmin.

While change is always bound to happen. I'll be honest. I'm NOT a fan of making someone who joined the forum 5 days ago automatically an Admin. No matter if they own the site or not. How much does this new admin know about Amtrak? Sorry but I'll be the one hater. I can name a small handful of members that deserve admin status. Since I'm already stirring the pot, I'll prevent it from going even farther by leaving my suggestions out. I personally think the AU forum should be able to vote on admins and mods. Not just be giving away like candy to a baby.

No one has to agree with me. I'm stating as it says in my signature my Views and Opinions.

Sorry to be the jerk.

While change is always bound to happen. I'll be honest. I'm NOT a fan of making someone who joined the forum 5 days ago automatically an Admin. No matter if they own the site or not. How much does this new admin know about Amtrak? Sorry but I'll be the one hater. I can name a small handful of members that deserve admin status. Since I'm already stirring the pot, I'll prevent it from going even farther by leaving my suggestions out. I personally think the AU forum should be able to vote on admins and mods. Not just be giving away like candy to a baby.
No one has to agree with me. I'm stating as it says in my signature my Views and Opinions.

Sorry to be the jerk.
You opinion is welcome and appreciated, and you are in no way a "jerk" for expressing it.

GroupBuilder will be running the site from the technical standpoint. Server issues, software issues, and stuff like that will be handled by them. With the volume of traffic at AU, that is no small task. As such, they need to have Administrator rights. The editorial decisions about posts and content will continue to be handled by Alan and the familiar AU staff. The participation of GroupBuilder will not change that at all.

Acela150, admin status is necessary for whomever is hosting the forum software in order to manage technical settings and server configuration.

:hi: Congrats to Everyone and thanks for all the Hard Work all of you do to help make this the Best Forum on the Net! ;) And now that we have an Attorney as a moderator we can get free Legal Advice! :giggle:

And what a Surprise to find out that someone else knows where my Old Hometown of San Marcos, Texas is! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry to be the jerk.
You opinion is welcome and appreciated, and you are in no way a "jerk" for expressing it.

GroupBuilder will be running the site from the technical standpoint. Server issues, software issues, and stuff like that will be handled by them. With the volume of traffic at AU, that is no small task. As such, they need to have Administrator rights. The editorial decisions about posts and content will continue to be handled by Alan and the familiar AU staff. The participation of GroupBuilder will not change that at all.
Thank You for pointing this out. That makes sense to me.

Acela150, admin status is necessary for whomever is hosting the forum software in order to manage technical settings and server configuration.
Thanks Anthony, I understand now.

Back