Good news!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm a frequent invoker of his name in posts about Amtrak's many uphill battles, namely what he can and should do better and faster.

And, it is becoming apparent that he is the person to lead Amtrak. Nobody can work with the many hot irons this man has to juggle the way Boardman can, and using the momentum from David Gunn and of course, W. Graham Claytor, has not only saved our railoroad from certain death, but for the first time in over two decades, we can say there are new dining and sleeping cars being built. Plus, last week's start of the ACS-64 locomotive roll out represents the largest electric engine procurement in Amtrak's history.

There is much, much more work to be done, and as many veteran railroaders have stated, a railroad's capital and maintenance job is never complete. Tracks carry heavy objects called trains, and they cause wear and tear, movement and deformity in centimeters that have to be straightened out regularly. It's like building a sand castle at high tide, the ocean constantly erodes it away. Which is why I plead with Joe Boardman, implore, to do all he can to catch up the nearly 25 years of moribund rolling stock purchase by finding the money to start buying Superliner and Viewliner cars, in addition to Acela II. And I also put urgency on replacing concrete ties and turnouts and catenary, hire the army of experts needed to do this crucial work.

It's alot, and would want Joe Boardman to have happiness in his personal life too; we are all entitled to our share of happiness and peace of mind as long as we work fairly for it. One can hope he has no major health problems and can enjoy the railroad he runs, to carry his own vacations with his family and friends. Life is more horribly unpredictable than ever, so all who read: do this as much as you can fit in.

As the NRPC's captain, we need, and thus, call out to him to perform strong actions of leadership and continued getting the hands dirty, so as to recover and build the network of whatever trains the public needs and wants, which means both long distance and high speed. Speaking with more force and transparency has been problematic in the past, though recent missives show considerable improvement, a real necessity in dealing with the piranha fish in the halls of Congress.

All the best of life and God's blessings to you, Joe Boardman, and thank you for what you do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back