AMTRAK Customer Service Survey

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually am traveling with my wife, but she is the only one they ever send the surveys to. She gets them much more often on the State routes such as the HF and the MORR. I agree they wait way too long to send them. I often have to look up the trip so we can remember which one they are asking about. A comments or suggestions box would be really nice.

Why pass judgement on something that you haven't seen? And who is to say that they haven't done your "open-ended, free-form questionssurvey" in the past, and the current survey is an output of that?
Sorry, I've just seen far, far too many companies and other organizations start right off with a quantitative survey. And I've seen nothing to indicate that Amtrak is any different.

Asking about service *quality*, which I'm sure Amtrak does, is very different from asking about service *consistency*, which it sounds like they don't ask about. I can have two very high-quality trips but never know what to expect -- and that's how boarding procedures on Amtrak work!

Asking about service *quality*, which I'm sure Amtrak does, is very different from asking about service *consistency*, which it sounds like they don't ask about.
Tough to ask about service consistency when the survey only covers a single trip.
They don't have to ask about it on each survey, they find that out when they aggregate all of the survey data together.

I've gotten them on my long trips last year and the year before.. (RWD<-->WFH)

I've filled them on those trips, I feel it's a godo thing they do to see what's going on.

Never gotten them on my shorter trips such. (WIN<-->CHI)

Survey is off in the mail. I did rate them low for the comfort of the bed. They REALLY need newer thicker mattresses. I also rated them low on the information aboard the train. The printed materials in my roomette had the wrong menus in them (and this caused great consternation for a family from Italy who were very angry that the smoked salmon as advertized in the room wasnt available in the PPC) AND they still say that you can get a fresh made latte in the PPC, and I know that service hasnt been available for a few years.

I received and completed an email survey this afternoon about my trip. They did offer service consistency, as a choice in the list of " the 3 most important items " I expect from amtrak.

A few of the questions were a bit hard to answer, asking about the conductors, because we had I believe 5 sets of them during the ride. ( CZ) I just gave an overall high score.

A few of the questions seemed to be generated because I boarded at a small station. I was happy to report if amtrak was not an option, I would not have taken the trip. I would have taken a trip, but it would not have included commercial transportation, and would not have been any where near the distance I traveled with amtrak.

I did report high satisfaction with price paid, and value received. I booked way in advance and got low bucket, which was the reason for that feeling, but honestly as a consumer I feel I received so much value from the trip. The fare I paid one way was higher and slower than airfare, but it was 2 days of meals, views, and memories, that would have never happened in any other mode of transport.

With a few exceptions everything really was as advertised, other than a few maintenance issues in the car, they really met and on the ride out exceeded my expectations. ( the ride out was exceeded simply because of an above the top SCA)

I received and completed an email survey this afternoon about my trip. They did offer service consistency, as a choice in the list of " the 3 most important items " I expect from amtrak.
Ooooh! :) They've noticed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back