L'Enfant

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael061282

Lead Service Attendant
Amtrak 174 stops at L'Enfant now? Is this new? I thought we were waiting for tunnel access into DC, but a bunch of people detrained. Interesting

Amtrak 174 stops at L'Enfant now? Is this new? I thought we were waiting for tunnel access into DC, but a bunch of people detrained. Interesting
Amtrak 174 is one of a handful of Amtrak trains which cross-honor Virginia Railway Express tickets. The stop at L'Enfant is made for the VRE ticket holders. Amtrak does not sell tickets to or from L'Enfant, even though nothing would stop an Amtrak passenger ticketed between WAS from points south from getting on or off there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Amtrak 174 is one of a handful of Amtrak trains which cross-honor Virginia Railway Express tickets. The stop at L'Enfant is made for the VRE ticket holders. Amtrak does not sell tickets to or from L'Enfant, even though nothing would stop an Amtrak passenger ticketed between WAS from points south from getting on or off there.
And count me as one of those non-VRE Amtrak passengers. I work near the L'Enfant VRE station, and on the occasions when I travel to Culpeper after work, I ticket myself out of WAS and hop on at L'Enfant. I'll be doing the same in a few months when I head to Norfolk. It's a great alternative to Metroing over to WAS or ALX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back