EB price drop, what to do?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

atm79

Train Attendant
It looks like the lowest sleeper fares have been extended so that my upcoming trip in April is now $101 cheaper than when I purchased it. I'm completely happy with the roomette booked (car 0830, room 5). Is it easier to cancel and rebook via the web or should I just call? In either case, do I lose the room currently booked?

If you call, you should be able to get the price adjusted without changing rooms.

Make sure that you're clear at the beginning of the call that you don't want to switch rooms if it's important to you.

If it isn't important to you, just rebook on the web (book the new room first in case the price goes up at that moment). If Lady Luck gives you a room that you don't want, you can always call and try to move it (and at the beginning of that call, make it clear that you don't want to pay any more to move, and the agent should be able to accommodate you).

If you call, you should be able to get the price adjusted without changing rooms.

Make sure that you're clear at the beginning of the call that you don't want to switch rooms if it's important to you.

If it isn't important to you, just rebook on the web (book the new room first in case the price goes up at that moment). If Lady Luck gives you a room that you don't want, you can always call and try to move it (and at the beginning of that call, make it clear that you don't want to pay any more to move, and the agent should be able to accommodate you).
Wow...that couldn't have been easier! This is my first time traveling long-distance on Amtrak and so far have been very pleased. I may end up using the voucher for a trip on the CS this spring or perhaps later in the fall. While I told the agent I wanted to keep the same room, that didn't happen however I only changed across the hall to room 6 so no worries at all there. As an elite frequent flier but newbie to Amtrak, I can only hope it remains as simple as this and doesn't go the way of the airlines. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back