Checking luggage at Lamy after arriving on van from Santa Fe

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudenHoggart

Service Attendant
We'll be taking the van from Santa Fe to connect with the eastbound SW Chief. I'm not sure how long before the SW Chief's departure the van will actually arrive.

Does anyone have experience with this trip and whether there's likely to be sufficient time to check bags once we arrive in Lamy?

Thanks.

I believe the schedule is to connect directly with the train. In any case, you would not be in Lamy very long, but if I understand your question correctly, you want to check bags to put on the train, not for the station to just hold them. This should readily be done, I would imagine, as normal procedure. Maybe there is an arrangement with the van to check them in advance. I hope this suffices and that my answers ( more than one! ) have proved useful. As I have mentioned before, Lamy is a really small place, and as I recall, is about 20+ miles out of Santa Fe.

Yes, thanks, I was wanting to put them on the train. I imagined that this would be possible, but my concern arose from the fact that the van may well arrive in Lamy later than the typical deadline for checking baggage. The Amtrak website shows "no checked baggage" from Santa Fe itself, which makes sense.

Just Santa Fe and Kansas City. Going out to Flagstaff /Sedona looked to take more time than we had available.

Always another trip though!

Thanks again for your help.

The Lamy shuttle is coordinated with the train. The shuttle is a van with a trailer for your luggage. The van will arrive at Lamy in time for you to check your luggage. You just get your luggage from the trailer and take it into the station.

The Lamy station is TINY and I've never had problems checking luggage there. Your best bet is to ask the shuttle company (when you make your reservation with them) how early they arrive at the station before departure time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back