Restaurant Suggestion Chicago Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is the Great Hall? Is it on the same level as the Metropolitan Lounge and beyond the escalators?
Correct. Walk past the escalators and the Amtrak ticket windows and continue straight through some sliding glass doors and up a slight incline.

Thank you, Alan B. We have never really explored Chicago Union Station beyond the lounge and the food court upstairs, and would be sorry to miss the Great Hall.

I usually end up eating at Potbelly's (on the first floor of the Metra building), but that has as much to do with the fact that a friend who works at Metra and I grab lunch every time we can.

I usually end up eating at Potbelly's (on the first floor of the Metra building), but that has as much to do with the fact that a friend who works at Metra and I grab lunch every time we can.
In the same building just south of Potbelly's is a great pizza place called Beggars. You can have you pizza thin, thick or deep dish. It also serves cold beer and is decorated in a railroad motif.

Just go out the southwest corner of the great hall and look diagonally across the intersection.

By the way a lot of Amtrak employees dine there, they just can't partake in the cold beer.

Aloha

In the station was a place called Metro something, It was reasonably priced and quite good. I was there almost two years ago.

Where is the Great Hall? Is it on the same level as the Metropolitan Lounge and beyond the escalators?
Here's a view of the great hall from our recent trip:

7775617624_97deee554d_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back