Are souvenirs available onboard?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
What are the odds that I'll be able to buy Amtrak souvenirs onboard the CL and the CZ? I'm saw the lapel pins on the online store, but would rather buy them onboard, if possible. I was also thinking about the blankets, but may just save my money on that (now that I have a roomette on both trains).

Re the discussion of an AU lapel pin. After finding these lapel pins online, I thought having a lanyard and collecting train lapel pins to put on it might be a good way to identify ourselves. Wish they had an Amtrak lanyard too, but I guess those are for employees only.

What are the odds that I'll be able to buy Amtrak souvenirs onboard the CL and the CZ?

You might be able to find some Amtrak playing cards at the snack bar. As far as pins go, though, you'll probably need to order those from their online store.

Well, I was on the CZ last week and the conductor that got onboard in Salt Lake City was selling souvenirs onbard, but only for a limited time. I think it was to raise money for the safety committee at the Salt Lake City Amtrak station. I bought a real nice mug with the old CZ logo on it.

They do sell souvenirs in the PPC on the Coast Starlight. I got a really nice wine glass there.

I've bought Amtrak postcards on board, but always wind up buying three sets. The cards have photos of all Amtrak trains, not just the one you're riding, and who wants to mail home an Empire Builder card when you're on the California Zephyr? On my upcoming trip next week, I'm going to use the Cards app to take photos and create my own folding cards to mail home via my iPhone.

When we rode the CL in June of 2010 to CHI they were selling plenty of Amtrak souveniers but they were also running the CCC car that had a showcase full of the stuff. They had cards, shirts, mugs, hats and all the rest. Now that the CCC has been retired I don't see any showcases in the Superliner dining cars so the answer is most likely no.

Ah, well. Maybe I'll order the CL and the CZ lapel pins (and hopefully have them before my trip) and get a blue (my favorite color) lanyard to put them on. Or attach them to the passport/ticket holder I have.

I have purchased a blanket, playing cards, post cards, coloring book, and pins from the snack bar, and wine glasses and a hat on the PPC. I attach the pins to my granddaughter's hat everytime we "ace" a route (so far, the CZ, the CL, the SWC, and the CS). But sometimes they are out of certain items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back