Hotels in DC

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acela150

Super Buff
If this should be moved to a diffrent forum please feel free. I just didn't know where to post it.

I'm looking for a hotel in DC that has a age check in limit of 18. Does anyone know of one? I'm looking to go there for a weekend. Early to Mid Saturday into Monday.

TIA,

Steve

If this should be moved to a diffrent forum please feel free. I just didn't know where to post it.

I'm looking for a hotel in DC that has a age check in limit of 18. Does anyone know of one? I'm looking to go there for a weekend. Early to Mid Saturday into Monday.

TIA,

Steve
Phoenix Park Hotel and Hotel George ~ A Kimpton Hotel both allow 18 year olds to check in. Each of these hotels is near Washington's Union Station. There are probably many more in the area that allow 18 year olds to check in. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always wondered about hotels that have automated kiosks. Do they allow anyone with a credit card to check-in? Because you can get a credit card way before you turn eighteen.

TIA,

Steve
The Phoenix Park is a nice Hotel, right across the street from Union Station, a bunch of us stayed there for NTD, Google it up and snag a deal! highly recommended!

TIA,

Steve
The Phoenix Park is a nice Hotel, right across the street from Union Station, a bunch of us stayed there for NTD, Google it up and snag a deal! highly recommended!

I looked it up a while back but it seemed very high bucket????

TIA,

Steve

Best prices like all major Business Cities are on weekends (Fri/Sat) and when nothings happening! Google up WAS, should be plenty of deals on the web!(We paid around $100 w/tax in May and NTD was going on as well as tourists were flooding WAS!)

TIA,

Steve
Thanks Jim sounds like a deal to me!

TIA,

Steve
Best prices like all major Business Cities are on weekends (Fri/Sat) and when nothings happening! Google up WAS, should be plenty of deals on the web!(We paid around $100 w/tax in May and NTD was going on as well as tourists were flooding WAS!)
We're staying at the Phoenix Park for 3 nights over Thanksgiving weekend ~ the price for a Deluxe Queen/King has gone down from $129/night to just $99/night. If you're willing to prepay, it's $89/night. GREAT rates for a very nice hotel in a terrific location!

I believe any KIMPTON hotel will allow 18 year olds to check-in. There are multiple Kimpton properties in Washington, DC. However, I would just look for a good deal and then call the hotel to verify.

When I was in that age bracket, I always had good luck with any hotel in the Hilton family (including Hampton Inns). They all allow 18+ with a credit card. Other chains were hit-and-miss...

Hi,

The Hostels International "youth" hostel is a good budget option too. I stayed there with my son earlier this year. I put "youth" in inverted commas as I am aged 59...

Ed :cool:

From Hilton's website...

"You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to reserve a room on this website. If you are under the age of eighteen, you may contact the hotel directly for assistance."
Note that individual hotels may have different policies for checking in than Hilton.com does for booking a room, so it's probably best to call the individual hotel, especially if you're between 18 and 21.

(When I was 20, on a spring break road trip with a similarly-aged friend, we encountered a motel that was strictly 21+ on Friday and Saturday nights due to, as the desk clerk told us, local kids checking in and trashing the place. We had an advance reservation and numerous pieces of evidence to prove that we weren't local, but no dice. Fortunately, the Motel 6 next door had rooms available and was more reasonable and let us check in.)

When I was in that age bracket, I always had good luck with any hotel in the Hilton family (including Hampton Inns). They all allow 18+ with a credit card. Other chains were hit-and-miss...
I would think Hilton's would allow 21 and over but that's me..
From the family that gave the world Paris? :help: I thought it was 'anything goes' in the name of fame and fortune in that clan... :giggle:

HI-Washington DC hands down may be the best place. Cost, knowledge of the area, free tours etc. At least give them a fair shake. I like Ed, am 48 years old. I stay in hostels as much as possible. It gives me more dough for the trip or train ride! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back