Amtrak College School

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is their a school for someone who wants to be the Engineer of the train - ie., drive the train

I think Most railroads have their own "schooling" or training for employees. College is certainly not necessary to work operations for the railroad. I do know there are some technical schools that specialize in railroading, but those are in no way a requirement for such a job.

I'm quite sure others know more first hand knowledge of this topic...

There are a few, some better than others, but the only name I can recall is MODOC.

Here's the link. It is NOT a college, but more like a technical school.

Go to college first, if that is an option. Then see if you still want to drive trains, maybe you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say go work for the railroad as soon as possible, if things don't work out, then you can try college if you still want to spend your money on it. :)

There are a few, some better than others, but the only name I can recall is MODOC.

Here's the link. It is NOT a college, but more like a technical school.

Go to college first, if that is an option. Then see if you still want to drive trains, maybe you will.
Shoot Jerry...I didn't finish my second degree until I was 55~ I was having too much fun playing train. :lol:

In order to become an engineer for Amtrak you have to first be hired as a conductor for atlest 2 year then you can train to be come an engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back